Solo Camping — Me and My Dog

Just an observation about solo camping in the T@B with my dog. I was worried that she would be bored or my life would be too confusing with her needs to take care of as well as my own. But of course, having her along is absolutely essential. And while she did miss her friends back home, she was not bored. There are so many interesting things to look at and smell. She was on high alert at all times, especially when the deer and wild boar came into the campsite. Here we are taking an early morning walk on the lake pier. I ended up walking more than I do at home, and that is a good thing. And she made me feel safer.
Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
"Travels With The Tiny"

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Me_and_My_Dog, From my experience of camping with several different dogs, it's as much [if not more] of an adventure for them as it is for you. The more you have her along, the more accustomed she'll become with the routine stuff. Cool dog by the way! 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Read an article recently about dogs and cats. The jist was that cats attach to their environment and the owner is secondary whereas dogs attach to their owner so as long as the owner is there, the dog will be happy - here's to happy dogs :-)
  • Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    PXLated said:
    Read an article recently about dogs and cats. The jist was that cats attach to their environment and the owner is secondary whereas dogs attach to their owner so as long as the owner is there, the dog will be happy - here's to happy dogs :-)
    Oh how I love this! Thank you PXLated!
    "Travels With The Tiny"
    ericnliz said:
    Me_and_My_Dog, From my experience of camping with several different dogs, it's as much [if not more] of an adventure for them as it is for you. The more you have her along, the more accustomed she'll become with the routine stuff. Cool dog by the way! 
    Thank you! She is a trooper!
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133

ok, so while on the subject of happy dogs - Though it's not a camping pic, you get the jist of the character she is when camping. 

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

ok, so while on the subject of happy dogs - Though it's not a camping pic, you get the jist of the character she is when camping. 

A wonderful companion!
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I tell ya @Me_and_My_Dog, your pup looks very content!! Beautiful pict and pup! @j_ntabowners, you dawg looks like she knows what she owns. LOL
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    She allows us to share the bed once in awhile.. ;)

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

She allows us to share the bed once in awhile.. ;)
    Better than what my cat allows!!! His name ain't BossMan for no reason :wink:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I don't think I would be exaggerating if I said I had photos, in the hundreds, of Rocky last summer on all of our adventures. He loved it. And he doesn't take up much space. =)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

edited March 2017
    Yeah Jenn, but even his name suggests he's made for camping... Rocky! He's tough, considerate and not afraid of anything. He knows you drive his camper, your his valet, butler, door-opener, and can (bag) opener! The boy ain't stupid! He's got it made in the shade :)

Edit: Ok, that's it.... I'm coming back as Jenn's dog!
  • hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    What a beautiful Bernese! Black dogs look better in the shade :) We are getting the better part of a foot of snow here tonight. Jack would love it!
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
    Beeeeauuuuutiful! Great happy smiles on the both of ya. :)
  • TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    I bred Tibetan Terriers, TTs, and that is why i used the name TTT@b.  I don't know what size this photo is.  I tried to figure it out.  This is my baby Jitterbug, CH Shey's Divine Dancin in June.  She will be my T@B traveling partner.  I hope that next winter I will be in a warm climate and not have to brush snow out of her coat!

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
    Love it, TTTab!!! Beautiful dog who looks like she had a blast in the snow.
    TTs love snow. It is hard to get them to come inside. But then try to get them to go out into the rain!!!

Wil said:

Jack and I travel together each summer to get out of the Texas heat.  He has figured out the routine and loves the attention he gets from everyone.  I try to make life a routine as possible for him within the limits that our camping life sets - wouldn't want to do it without him.

Jack is so happy! What would we do without our dogs?
    "Travels With The Tiny"
    I have no idea.  Jitterbug gives me so much joy!

• clinckclinck Member Posts: 57
    Toby loves to ride..his favorite past time is barking at bikers in my ear at full throttle..he's the ultimate back seat driver but a good traveler. 
    this summer will be his first traveling with Poppy in the T@B..we go to Colorado to get out of the Az. Heat..
    Toby is 2 on 6/22/17. He's a crate dog at home..interesting to see how does sleeping in the trailer ....
    Chris and Toby, the wonder dog
    2014 320S
    2016 kia Sorrento SXL V6
    My only concern with Jitterbug is how will I go and do things and leave her at camp.  As a dog show person the tragedies  I have heard regarding the heat and air conditioning giving out.
  • GidgetGidget Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2018
    My baby, Gracie May Swolgaard, is a Beaweenie (half Beagle, half Dachshund)... she's traveled with me for her entire two years of life. She is so easy going (especially for a two year old!!!), flexible and loves life so long as her Mommy is with her.

After buying Gizmo, I was concerned she wouldn't like it... because of how tiny and cramped it is... but she's taken to it like her second home! I would never leave her in it, alone, for more than, say, an hour because of the clear and ever present a/c burn out issues.

Bottom line, I'm a testament to 95% of pups (they're all puppies to me no matter they're physical age!), love adventure and being with their parents more than anything in the whole world. In my experience and opinion, it's the best life a mother can give their children! #PuppyMom #MyPupIsMyChild #DogEatDogWorld :)

Look out open road, here we come!!! Me, my Gracie May, a 2YO Beaweenie; half Beagle, half Dachshund, Dash, the 2015 Kia Sorento LX V6, Gidget, the 2018 nüCamp 320s!

Places Visited Map
  • GidgetGidget Member Posts: 64
    edited July 2018
    TTTab said:
    My only concern with Jitterbug is how will I go and do things and leave her at camp.  As a dog show person the tragedies  I have heard regarding the heat and air conditioning giving out.
    First of all, @TTTab, I adore your pup's name! Absolutely adorable and her name makes me smile! :)

Regarding your concern, I agree with you! The only time I would leave Grace in the trailer longer than an hour would be in the late fall, winter when I could open the windows and/or crack them with the Fantastic on. The heat here in GA is off-the-chain ridiculous and lasts a solid six months... Are you a full timer? If so, check the area where you are camping... a lot of times you can find full service, pup daycare for those times when you want to do human things! ;) While it might be a tad expensive, nothing would be more costly to your heart and soul than to lose her. <3

Look out open road, here we come!!! Me, my Gracie May, a 2YO Beaweenie; half Beagle, half Dachshund, Dash, the 2015 Kia Sorento LX V6, Gidget, the 2018 nüCamp 320s!

Places Visited Map