April fools - a week late??!

rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 908
Four inches of heavy, wet, sticky..............

I wasn't just me that thought it was Spring!

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That is just ugly!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    Looks like Colorado in the last week!
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @rfuss928, Probably happened right after 'ya de-winterized too, huh?  :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

edited April 2017
    @rfuss928, Kinda feel sorry for @Homebodyatheart right now, they are finally picking up their T@B today, & the wind is blowing REALLY hard & it's pouring rain to boot.Just hope they are safe!
    When I said blowing hard, I meant blowing HARD! Just went out & picked up one of my garage shingles off my driveway!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    And yesterday, I found this in my backyard after the straight line winds....
    Strangely, the fence had no damage.

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    @Ratkity, Same thing happened here a year ago last November (2015). The street one down from mine looked like that for about 6 blocks running, and we were out of power for 10 days, so I can relate all too well. Hope nobody was hurt!
    Spokane, Wa.

The wind came from an odd direction - from the latch side of my front storm door. Almost lost that door too. I held onto the door from the inside. No one was hurt here in the 'hood. The natural gas people were here, but not sure why. 

I can't determine if that tree went down from a twisting wind or a straight wind. Nothing else around it went down. To the right of that tree in the other neighbor's yard is a humongous oak that sheds limbs worse than my cat sheds. It was standing and didn't lose a limb. I just thought it was odd that one tree went down.

When I was watching the wind, those evergreens in the other neighbor's yard (like the one that fell), were bending over and almost touching the top of my truck. The camper was fine. I got permission to cut all those down on that side. My cherry trees did ok. They are flowering and are very confused at the temps.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Ratkity I'm glad you are all ok and have power. We had none for 9 days during Windstorm 2015 that Eric mentioned. Our area was pretty hard hit, power lines down ever block, ponderosa pines snapping in half, power poles snapping, it was just ugly. Luckily we have natural gas stove and water heater, wood stove and fireplace, and lots of candles so we were fine.

@Ericniz, today's winds in LL were pretty hefty, but were dying down by the time we finished learning to hook up and practiced up and down the street a while. I drove home on Sprague so we could go slower if needed but it went really well. We've got questions about the CURT brake controller, like how does it really work? We made some 'shot in the dark' adjustments and were ok. Did have a problem when we got home and thank goodness our neighbor came out to help get her in the driveway by hand. First mod: MOVE THE SPARE! Had to unhitch and roll it up by hand because the spare made the trailer stuck on the driveway. No way can I push her up into the driveway myself, or just the two of us. Once it's up the very short incline it's easy to roll...just like everyone said! And we do have about 1 to 1.5 inches clearance getting in the T@bitat. Whew! Plenty of room to go around it once inside, which is nice, too!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Homebodyatheart, wow about the snapped poles. There were places near Washington DC that did have a touch-down. If I don't have power, I have two options:

1. The house is like yours and has gas stove, hot water heater, gas fireplace which is an alternate heat source and then I have Coleman lanterns. The lanterns made my neighbors ask if I was the only one with power once during an outage lol. Then I have the generator to run the sump pumps and frig.
    2. The next option is to use the the camper and live in there. LOL. I would still use the generator to run the house sump pumps. I don't keep much in my frig except drinks and condiments, so I'm never worried about what could spoil in there :) I could probably run the camper AC and sump pumps at the same time since the pumps don't run constantly.