It Was A T@Bulous Day!

We've had our MaxS about 27 hours now, and I couldn't be more in love (except for DH and DD and the pups, family and friends, of course!) By the time we got home yesterday from our first ever tow home from the dealer we were pretty tired. Then we couldn't back in the driveway because of the spare so we parked on the street, unhitched and between the two of us and our neighbor we rolled up into the flat part of the driveway and eventually into her new T@bitat. Thank goodness it can be rolled easily! (Thanks to Ericnliz for later pointing out the obvious, that we could have driven it in headfirst, tucked the TV in the garage, unhitched and rolled from there! We were so tired it never crossed our minds. I also need more backing practice!) We had about 1-1.5 inches clearance into her home and plenty of room to walk around her once inside.Once she was tucked in for the night we let the pizza guys bring dinner. 

This morning was our monthly SpoT@b breakfast group and we caught up with friends, and made two new ones! I feel so lucky and blessed to have such a great group of new friends to share my love of camping with! Spent the afternoon digging out the mound of bags and things I've been storing for the trailer. We figured out how to connect to shore power, cranked up the Alde, tried out the Thermarest pads we found at Target (didn't self inflate very quickly and only took a few minutes to blow up. They will make the bed much more comfortable and they roll back up to a small roll with a stuff sack. Had DD come out, put in a funny movie and enjoyed a family afternoon movie time! We are more comfortable with all of it today, and there is so much left to learn, adjust, and play with! Also I've become pretty space conscious, and some things I put aside for the trailer may not end up there. Good thing I like puzzles! Next step...a driveway sleep over!

Again many thanks to all on this forum who give so freely of their advice and humor! You are all the best!
Happy camping everyone!
2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105
    Agreed, lots of great people and info here. Just sold our 2010 Thursday and then left Friday for a 1200 mile 2 day trip back and forth to grab our new Outback. Wasnt much to learn on the 2010 but this new one is keeping me up reading tonight and ordering sewer parts on Amazon!
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Congrats to the both of you!! Yay!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, Glad you're getting used to everything. If 'ya have any questions, or I can help 'ya out, give me a call. The more you use your T@B, the more "second nature" things will become, and the anxiety level drops dramatically. Driveway sleepover for sure, and I'm shocked you haven't done that yet. I was thinkin' you DH would be havin' a hard time getting you back out of your T@B, rather than in it! ;)  Have fun!
    @Newfisher, Oh boy, a new toy! Enjoy it!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf