Options

Holding Tanks Diagram

Searched but couldn't find any diagram of the holding tank layout. I would like know what towing  impact there would be with the various tanks full or empty. The scenario I see is that I roll into a camp with empty tanks, fill the fresh water and transfer it to the gray water tank and then head out unable to dump until we get to our next location. Where is that added weight going to be riding?
2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I've never seen an actual diagram, but I'll tell you what mine has. Black tank is under the toilet. The gray tank is in the middle, and the fresh water tank is on the door side. No, I don't have photos because I had the cover installed covering my tanks. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Thanks @Verna It makes sense that the gray would be in the middle and it sounds like they go front to back. With that layout there would be limited impact regardless of which one is holding fluids.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    Yes, front to back belting the longest.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Also, with regard to the gray and fresh tanks, the front to back dimensions seem to be pretty well balanced over the axle.
    2015 T@B S

• Options

ScottG said:

Also, with regard to the gray and fresh tanks, the front to back dimensions seem to be pretty well balanced over the axle.

As you would hope....but, it would cool to have a diagram.
  • Options
    @dsatwork, contact the factory and see if they can give you one. It might be a low priority as I know they have a lot on their plate right now. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Verna I sent Ed an email on 3/24/2017 but wasn't fully aware of the big move at the time. Then I realized they probably didn't have time to deal with a request like that and I didn't have the heart to push the issue. I figured they had a lot bigger fish to fry and probably still do.
  • Options
    @dsatwork, yes, I know they have a big issue right now to work on, the upcoming üCamp17, everything that comes after the breakup of two companies, and so on and so on.  It's best not to try for another month or so. 

If some one is on dry land, not the soggy Midwest or the snowy mountains, maybe they can shine a light underneath and get a photo. This would have to be a 2015 model before nüCamp started putting the protective covering under the T@B.

And, the email would now need to go to Marvin , as Ed moved to the R&D department and Marvin moved to Ed's warranty position. Never a dull moment!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Verna I can get a picture of the back side when I drop the protective cover to do my Alde regulator upgrade in the next week. 
  • Options
    @dsatwork, GREAT!  You can make your own diagram
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    @Verna :o what just happened
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @dsatwork, I tried to warn ya'll about that magic wand! It'll get 'ya when you're not EVEN expecting it!
    (By the way, good one @Verna!) ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @Verna, You're still the best! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    This is what I got so far
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Dsatwork, did not realize the gray tank stretches the entire length of the undercarriage.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options

SAM said:

Dsatwork, did not realize the gray tank stretches the entire length of the undercarriage.

That is what it looks like from the back. I couldn't see the black tank and couldn't get to that side to pull the cover off in the front. I may have to correct the drawing once I know where the black tank is. But the gray tank is 74" long and starts 2" from the back of the frame. The axle is 33"from the back of the frame. Of course I am trying to understand how tanks affect weight distribution.

• Options
    The fresh water tank does come further up towards the front. Check where your drain valve is and see if you think the drawing needs adjusted. I could be wrong...as with you, the bottom of my T@B is covered. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

Verna said:

The fresh water tank does come further up towards the front. Check where your drain valve is and see if you think the drawing needs adjusted. I could be wrong...as with you, the bottom of my T@B is covered. 

I know the measurements are correct in regards to the axle. So this tells me that full fresh water has the least impact on tongue weight and full black and gray have the most.
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    I looks like you all are speaking about the 320 platform.  The 400 is longer and I don't think the weight distribution would be the same. I had my 400 tongue weight measured at the factory and with a full fresh water, full LP, power cord stowed up front, and the spare under the A frame and it was 480 lbs. I will check it again when we have it loaded for our trip but with 1/2 a tank of water and see what happens.   I think I need to add trailer and TV information to my profile. I need to figure that out.
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
    HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    I figured out the signature thing and it added it to an already posted post.
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
  • Options
      @Hvtymwiltravel, Yes, they are indeed speaking of the T@B 320s. Thanks for the info on the tongue weight on the T@B 400 though. You have quite a bit larger fresh water tank which definitely makes up for the difference of a T@B 320 having only 11 gallons as opposed to 30 gallons of fresh water. Big tongue weight difference!   
    Spokane, Wa.