Options

T@B University

13»

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Oh @Ratkity, it'd be a lot more interesting to put the tracker on the WolfT@b and the string of bells on Eric. I'm pretty sure Liz has a wicked sense of humor! 

BTW how do you get the little guy rolling and laughing emoji? He's great!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Homebodyatheart, VERY good idea!!! The ROFL guy is the colon, then rofl, and then another colon. I'll put a space between them so you can see the format. Take the spaces out and try it! : rofl : 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    :rofl:@Ratkity Thanks! I had no idea that all those others would come up! :hang_loose:
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, you have now earned your Emoticon Badge from T@B University! Use it wisely. :lol:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    :wink:
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Oh, great! Now there's two of 'em! :angry:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited June 2017
    :rofl:    +1 @ericnliz!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    :anguished:=)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ya know.. there's a secret handshake and some covert monitor sprayers out there. Jus' sayin' :wink:
  • Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    Ratkity said:
    *snort* T@B-U lolololol.....

These are just 10 preliminary "Firsts" - coursework can be customized for the family or solo camper, full-time, or weekend warrior. Final basic coursework is subject to change at any time. Pictures are often required (please keep them Rated-G). Embarrassing videos by others can mitigate or enhance bonus work. Assume pictures are needed unless otherwise indicated.

Firsts:
    1. Successful dump (must follow agreed upon SOP for the process - discussions on the SOP complexity have been in heated debates - please be patient while some details are ironed-out). Picture requirements are being hotly debated.
    2. Solo awning, tent, and visor setup (bonuses are considered for wind conditions, geographic obstacles and unique locations)
    3. "In-the-middle-of-the-night-during-freezing temps" propane tank swap. No pictures or videos required. 
    4. To kill the dealer's cheap battery provided (disqualified for badge if custom ordered battery/batteries provided) - picture requirements being discussed.
    5. To successfully determine your power needs for boondocking and have the correct battery/solar needs in place. No pictures required, but excel spreadsheets are considered for bonus certifications.

Note: This is also called "Beginning Boondocking" badge. T@B/T@G University has yet to determine the coursework for the journeyman level of this specialty major due to the difficulty in finding the currently boondocking SMEs (subject matter experts). A special contest is being set up to get someone to create a cross-platform phone app to find the boondocking SMEs. A master's level major is being considered.

6. To exceed a yet-to-be-determined Zombie threshold number in one continuous 3-day camping period (other time periods are being considered as well as milestone locations of the zombie attacks, e.g. gas stations, during meals/cooking, setup/breakdown of camp). Some of these are being considered for the journeyman level due to complexity of the zombie mentality.
    7. First zombie to T@B University convert.
    8. Color-coordination badges - This leads into a journeyman certification level due to the complexity and diversity of the subject matter. A major at the master's level may lead to Special Editions offered by the factory.
    9. First successful backup (with and without witnesses) into a campsite. Backup difficulties and all obstacles will be considered, including distractions such as over-excited furkids and people and/or children that are barking/screaming opposing directions at the same time. Special subcategory of a spouse, friend, sibling or SO that stays out of line-of-sight screaming "that way! no, the other way!" repeatedly.
    10. First successful winterizing and de-winterizing (extreme measures to protect your camper systems during sudden weather shifts are considered).
    Based on this I'm in line for several merit badges and well on my way to Journeyman. But to get number 10, I'll have to move to a harsher climate B)  
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
  • Options
    @dsatwork, I could make 'ya some reservations! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    ericnliz said:
    @dsatwork, I could make 'ya some reservations! =)
    Since I live in San Diego...I won't need to even try this unless I'm heading out somewhere really cold. Yellowstone got down to low 30s overnight but didn't have any issues at all. Except with the fridge which I ended up just turning off at one point.
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Ok, 1,2,3, (haven't killed the battery yet for #4) 5,6,7, (#8 ?), 9 (uphill around a corner & having to miss 2 boulders, and squeeze the T@B in between 'em!), 10 ( successful 1st try! ). Do I still get journeyman? :angry::bow:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, I confess. I only come up with badge requirements. The REAL deans are Verna and M_Mike. I'm sorta the professional grad student, you know, the one that never leaves school!
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Oh, no!  We have enough to do!  This is your guy's thing!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Ok @Ratkity  pro grad student, seems the ball just got kicked back in to YOUR court! ( The magic wand lady has spoken, with an agreement from Mr. Mike! ) Whatcha gonna do when they come for you!??? :o=):rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ut oh.. @Homebodyatheart and @ericnliz and I must formulate a plan. How can we make em all fit in a signature too? We need a design major. I'm the slacker grad pro. I delegate. :rofl:
  • Options
    @Ratkity, delegate or run in the opposite direction in a serpentine manner? Inquiring minds want to know... :giggle:
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart, I'm debating! Decisions, decisions.... I know. We'll all stand in a line and the person to volunteer needs to step forward, then you and I take a step back and leave @ericnliz standing alone. :wink:
  • Options
    Ahhh @Ratkity, I like your thinking! The only downside is that I live much closer to him than you do, run in the same T@b circles, and, well, we sort of all look out for each other. Such a dilemma! :rock_on:
  • Options
    Ut oh... my T@BBY senses are tingling. Either that or I have to sneeze. :lol:
  • Options
    @Ratkity :prayer: Bless you!
  • Options
    CoriJCoriJ Member Posts: 18
    Holy Moly I just bought one and this just made my blood pressure spike....LOL.  I was just hoping to remember everything the dealer told me...