Options

My Favorite 2014 T@b Pic

jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156
Just for fun,  pick one photo from 2014, post it and tell us about it.  It'll get us excited about taking photos of our upcoming 2015 adventures.   This one is my favorite.  It's like an advertisement for everything I love to do!   I have packed, racked and mounted all of this stuff for two years now and I've got it down to a science!  :):) 
June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    edited January 2015
    Great idea, June! It will be hard to pick one.

I loved this spot at One Mile Campground in Almont, CO.  In addition to being a great campsite, I really felt like I hit my groove with the T@b at this juncture of my trip. I am really looking forward to returning to the area in 2015!

I also had put together a little video of my 2014 trip taken from my cell phone and Gopro shots and footage. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1204CB255C38A39D!193711&authkey=!AJOjjDq6sEWnoyU&ithint=video,mp4

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890
    Went to a lot of places last year, saw some wonderful sights, and took lots of pictures.  The time I enjoyed most was the couple of hours I spent talking to the gentleman who built this station on Route 66 between Springfield and Carthage, MO.  Awesome establishment and an incredible man who was a wealth of information about cross county travel in general and Route 66 in particular.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    We only took the Tab out once last year but then we got it in late November. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Norm - where was that picture taken?
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    Sand Hollow State Park. Near St George Utah. Also near Zion NP. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    This is the best one I have so far. Given that we just picked up our T@B late November, "safely stored for the winter" is what I have to share.
    T@B.JPG 149.9K
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    mawebb - That's a good looking T@B - We've got twins :-)
  • Options
    jbug10jbug10 Member Posts: 156

Martin, love the silver on silver. 

June; 2013 T@b "Fant@bulous"; 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee; one kayak and one bike
  • Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    My TV is a silver Honda Pilot and the T@B looks great behind it. Thankfully there were photos of the various color combinations of silver, black and white on the internet. It really helped me decide before I ordered. Normfun has a great combination as well (nice TV :)
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    My dealer had never seen a silver on silver until mine came in. Now that's what he's ordered for his showroom. I need to trade my black jeep in for a gun metal gray one I think.
  • Options
    mawebb - love the name of your T@B!

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Member Posts: 103
    RZRBUG said:
    Went to a lot of places last year, saw some wonderful sights, and took lots of pictures.  The time I enjoyed most was the couple of hours I spent talking to the gentleman who built this station on Route 66 between Springfield and Carthage, MO.  Awesome establishment and an incredible man who was a wealth of information about cross county travel in general and Route 66 in particular.

RZRBUG,  This is a well taken and Beautiful Picture.  Post Card perfect as is said. 

TV is a 2007 Jeep Liberty. Own 2015 T@B Maxx s/wet-bath white green. St. Clair Shores, MI.

• Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    My picture postcard is from Big Basin State Park in Santa Cruz mountains.  The attached picture is from  Humboldt State Park (burlington campground is in middle of old growth forest) that I would rate more spectacular, but the old grow trees are so tall and dense that the photos I took weren't nearly so "postcard."  Both are wonderful places to recharge.  The redwoods are truly majestic and always remind me of how little the daily things mean in the big picture.  

I will say, the redwoods have one significant negative -- the trees are so tall and dense that solar  is pretty useless when boon docking (the one below is at night, but the picture from Humboldt is  from noon at the Burlington campground -- I had to turn on my interior lights in the middle of the day to do things in the tab).   But a great location to walk thru old grow groves in the area.image
  • Options

deputydog:  Thanks.  It's my favorite picture I've ever taken in my travels for various reasons.  Technically, it's not perfect, and the composition could be a little better, but still...

mash2:  I've seen this photo before, and it is definitely worth a repeat.  Excellent.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Don't really take a lot of pictures of the tab ...I'm there to take pictures of nature and don't spend much time fussing over the tab (I decided to turn around and seriously document the tab in a natural environment...that's why you've seen it before).  But the redwoods were beautiful in the morning so I turned back to nature and ignored the tab.  BTW, I've jettisoned the cooler in my continuing effort to reduce "the stuff" (I've been haranguing on this on another thread).  
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    edited January 2015
    mash2 said:
    My picture postcard is from Big Basin State Park in Santa Cruz mountains.  The attached picture is from  Humboldt State Park (burlington campground is in middle of old growth forest) that I would rate more spectacular, but the old grow trees are so tall and dense that the photos I took weren't nearly so "postcard."  Both are wonderful places to recharge.  The redwoods are truly majestic and always remind me of how little the daily things mean in the big picture.  

I will say, the redwoods have one significant negative -- the trees are so tall and dense that solar  is pretty useless when boon docking (the one below is at night, but the picture from Humboldt is  from noon at the Burlington campground -- I had to turn on my interior lights in the middle of the day to do things in the tab).   But a great location to walk thru old grow groves in the area.

How can I not love a T@b photo from just up the hill from me, the first State Park in California
  • Options
  • Options
    Rad, how about Pinnacles, the newest National Park in California...its different but also nice in the off season (love the birds in the late afternoon).
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    mash2 said:
    Rad, how about Pinnacles, the newest National Park in California...its different but also nice in the off season (love the birds in the late afternoon).

That is nice, however, my favorite somewhat close camping to me, is Kirk Creek, 

I love the Pacific at sunset, make me miss my sailboat

• Options
    Beautiful,  here are a couple of my favorite Pacific sunsets.  My all time favorite location is is Sonoma Coast, in an area up to one hour north of Bodega Bay.   Beautiful quiet sunsets like stillwater cove north of Fort Ross... (little regional park in Sonoma) or north of Bodega like this sunset near Goat Rock State Park  (Wright Beach is closest campground).  

• Options
    Didn't mean to get into a photo contest RAD, just wondered if you've spent any time on the northern coast of the Bay Area.  Few more clouds (which can make for some spectacular sunsets -- and some cold unfortunately). Wright Beach and Bodega Bay have ocean access often with clouds stalled off coast in the afternoon, and Salt Point,  Stillwater and  Fort Ross in the woods with short walks to ocean all have outstanding campground locations.  Highly recommended.

But I'll let everyone get back to their TAB pictures, now.   Sorry folks.  When I look at any tab picture, I see the landscape that were all around it and get excited remembering the beauty of the places....and remember the images and memories... why I have a T@B.

I promise I'll be quiet for a while... 
  • Options
    BackroadsBettyBackroadsBetty Member Posts: 10
    My favorite spot is anywhere I can get my toes in the sand!  This picture was taken last summer at Jamaica Beach RV park on Galveston Island.  Usually stay in state or COE parks, but this place was a nice upscale treat - two pools, water park, mini-golf, BIG sauna/hot tub.  I was stylin'. 
  • Options

Well, suppose I need to get my sunset photo included.  I travelled all the way to my back deck this afternoon to get this one.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Simply beautiful! Do you have any objection to my saving this shot a screen saver??
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    I'm flattered, Jim.  Please be my guest and enjoy.  I have taken lots of photos of this view during the 14 years I've lived here.  I do believe this is my favorite.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    JimboJimbo Member Posts: 118
    Thanks Larry, I like having a screen saver that is or is from someone that I know. I at least know you form this forum and someday hope to cross trails with you and Booger. Does Booger like to have his front leg's elbow scratched? Had a dog Reboke a MacNab that sure did. Would almost put her to sleep..
    Jim, Kelseyville CA, 2013 T@B "Q", T@BCASA, Silver W/Yellow trim, TV: 2006 Honda Ridgeline 
  • Options
    Back roads Betty - you're post is how I feel - when I get my t@b I'd love to do a trip along any coast and be in the sand. Love the pic and will write down that state park (a park named Jamaica sounds awesome)!

• Options
    I'm usually camping where I'm shooting (on site) so I don't have any exotic shots/locations to share but this at least has a story...
    I'm in the desert boondocking (BLM) and a full moon pops up over the mountains behind me. I go get my camera gear and in my rush to set up I walk right into a little cacti. By the time I got all the needles extracted the moon had risen and clouds had moved in :-(
    Those needles are just the really small ones I couldn't pull out through my jeans. It's amazing how hard they are to pull out. They have little barbs on the end like fish hooks. I'm just glad this cati was only thigh high. I hate to think of the pain if it was much higher.
  • Options
    Still a very nice shot of the T@B.  As for the cacti, OMG...

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map