Time for new Tires? USA-made tires now available!

2»

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    According to Ed at nüCamp, please use the recommendation for your new tires. The 50 lbs was for the original tires. But, adjust to how your ride is. Instead of the bouncy ride of 50 lbs, I like between 42 to 45 lbs of my Carlisle tires. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 7
    Just curious how does the trailer handle the higher speeds.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Bandit, I rarely drive over 65 mph and my T@B handles well at that speed. For maximum mpg,  55 mph seems to be a sweet spot for reasonable patience and maximum mph. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Leeh22, When adjusting your air pressure, the first thing you need to realize is this: The tires you purchased for your 2015 T@B (and I'm only assuming) the size should be ST205/75R14. That size can go on a variety of trailers, some weighing considerably more than your T@B. If you look at the sidewall of the tire it will say MAX air pressure 65psi. That is the maximum air pressure for that tire, loaded to the maximum weight (load) carrying capacity for that tire. Even 50psi is a little much for even a fully loaded T@B. I, like @Verna, and others I've spoken to choose the 42 to 45psi range because not only of the bounce (which in the long run will reduce the longevity of the tires because of the bouncing effect), but if you put them to max psi, it will wear the center of the tire out first because you have too much air for the load you're asking the tire to carry. I hope this helps you. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Looking for more input from those who have installed the Goodyear Endurance tires.   The installer really wanted to put 65psi in, per the tire sidewall, but I insisted on 45. Has anyone inflated these tires to more than 50psi and what has been your experience? Too bouncy........just right?   Would 45psi be considered under inflated for this tire on a T@B?
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    edited August 2017
    T@Balong said:
    Looking for more input from those who have installed the Goodyear Endurance tires.   The installer really wanted to put 65psi in, per the tire sidewall, but I insisted on 45. Has anyone inflated these tires to more than 50psi and what has been your experience? Too bouncy........just right?   Would 45psi be considered under inflated for this tire on a T@B?
    I went with the info on the trailer label and inflated to 50psi. My previous tires (that came with T@B) were inflated to 45psi and were a lot bouncier. So I believe that bounciness is not just a factor of psi, I bet the tire construction factors in too. For me, the Goodyear Endurance at 50 psi rides really nicely, very minimal bounce.
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    We have over 7000 miles on these tires and Goodyear inflated them to 65psi we have had no issues
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Maybe I'll bump the pressure up to 50psi, thanks for the input.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • libertyolibertyo Member Posts: 33
    New 15" wheels and Goodyear Endurance tires after upgrade to outback lifted axle.  Exactly what the Discount Tire rep recommended and you've validated here.  I asked for 50psi and drove home happy.  Had to catch them and insist on floor jacks under the stabilizer feet on back for jacking up, yep they were gonna use the axle. This forum is a huge help!!  
    "Bella"  2016 T@b maxs blue, towed by '18 Chevy Colorado ZR2 duramax diesel - yes NEW baby, accompanied by the Red dog
    Rural Liberty Hill, TX, near Austin
  • sranderlesranderle Member Posts: 78
    I hate to bring up an old thread, but I'm tire shopping and am looking hard at these.  Is everyone still happy with their Goodyear Endurance tires?

Thanks
    Steve & Sherry
    2016 T@b Q
    Lakeville, MN
  • AldebaranJillAldebaranJill Member Posts: 451
    sranderle said:
    I hate to bring up an old thread, but I'm tire shopping and am looking hard at these.  Is everyone still happy with their Goodyear Endurance tires?

Thanks
    Yes!
    2013 MAXX T@B towed by a 2015 Volvo S60 5 CYL AWD Sedan
    Seattle, WA