T-24 hrs and Counting

Until we pick up the 2018 320s Outback from Boardman RV in Pueblo. The wife tossed and turned last night like a kid on Christmas eve. She is already planning a trip to PA to visit our son next spring. 

Had the Jeep rewired from a 4 flat to a 7 round with brake and Charge. At first I did not care for the Black exterior walls with the red trim but it has grown on me to now I really like it. Owning Black cars and RV's is something I stayed away from because scratches/Dirt show more and being in Colorado with the sand/salt winter mixtures for the roads. Interesting to see how it stands up.

Will post pics next week along with a review of Boardman RV customer service and the class on the RV itself. Also of note, this camper seems to have the same kind of following and fan base as with Jeeps and Harley's.

Everyone have a good T@b day

2018 320S Outback pulled by 2012 Jeep Wrangler.

Comments

• DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Congrats and happy trails!

Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Woohoo!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Yay! You're almost there! We took a friend with us for our walk through and he took video of it with my phone. I've referred back to it a few times, sometimes for info and sometimes to see how far I've come! Enjoy your journey!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @Toefoot you are in good company! I have a '18 320 outback, 2 jeeps AND a Harley! Lol.  I'll give you a wave or a nod no matter what you're driving/riding!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    By the time you read this, you both should have BIG smiles on your faces! :):);) Congrats & it's time for a driveway CAMPOUT!!!! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• LojocamperLojocamper Member Posts: 30
    We visited Boardman's a couple of weeks ago as we are just beginning our research on T@B 320 vs T@B 400. Will be anxious to hear of your hopefully favorable experience with Boardman!
    BreakingAw@y
    Silver/black 2018 T@B 320 CS-S, Outback axle, AT tires
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

My Visited North America Map
    Adventures: 7
    States: 21
    Provinces: 5

• ToefootToefoot Member Posts: 38
    OK, went camping Saturday after picking up the RV from Boardman RV in Pueblo.

Review of T@b and Boardman RV:

1. The walk around was good and the tech had all the answers. The only thing I have a gripe with is the fridge had some deep scratches on the surface (Fake wood) that could not be fixed? This really bothered us for the simple fact that it is new and the wife and I work very hard to purchase things like the RV. I will reface the fridge in the spring of 2018.

2. The second was one seat cushion had a black stain the size of a quarter that we got out after discovering it on the back side.

(Tip... If you have a stain on carpet or cloth furniture purchase yourself denatured alcohol and put some on a rag until it is wet, apply the rag to the stain and pat or gently rub with the denatured alcohol to remove the stain, works great).

The RV was ready for us with battery fully charged along with the propane. 

3. Once parked at the campsite (18 miles away) Sunday morning I could do a more thorough inspection and discovered most exterior screws on the molding and trim are very loose. Some so loose that it was pushing the black rubber out of the channel it was in. I spent about a hour tightening down all the screws. Is this the norm and something I need to check before and after, during and after each trip?

4. Boardman RV gets a 4 out of 5 star review and would purchase from them again but the scratches on the fridge and the cushion stain should have been caught prior to us finding them.

On a side note, the Mountaindale campground on Hwy 115 and Barret road was fantastic, very clean and friendly staff and hats off to Bob for going the extra to get us in when we had no reservations and the camp went to winter schedule. The campground on Saturday night had a Halloween party, Hayrides and it looked to be real fun. Sunrise on Sunday was wonderful with all the Trees and skyline.

After all said and done we are very happy with the RV features and how well it maneuvers in the city. The Alde system worked well at keeping us warm and we slept in it just fine. Did not use the shower or toilet. Our 2012 Jeep Wrangler 4 door was averaging about 13-16 MPG per on board computer. Going up I25 towards Colorado Springs I was cruising at 75 mph with no death wobble. I do plan on keeping it at 65 mph but wanted to see how well the Jeep would do with a load.

I have some pics and will upload them tonight or Wednesday evening after the Goblins and Ghouls have passed.

As for the T@b, it is now the same kinda love I feel when I looked at my HD and jeep.

If a NuCamp Rep from Ohio is reading this I would be interested in why all those screws backed out...shipping?

Oh....had a flashback from 1979 when the wife was in the shower at the other end of the campground and cranked the stereo system, the speakers are terrible under the stress of 8 watts or whatever it is. Need to upgrade the speakers. Nothing better than some Big band and swing, Jazz and Pink Floyd in one night :)
    edited October 2017

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Toefoot what a great color combo! Have fun, and thanks for sharing!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Gorgeous! Welcome to the T@B family!
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400