Options

To@d is coming home!

2»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

OK, other T@B owners, could someone chime in here to help Scuba who just bought a brand new T@B last week, please?  He connected it to shore power for the first time last night and the converter's fan is running continuously.  Does your converter's fan run continuously on your T@B

The info on the Little Guy site and what I know with my similar converter on my Silver Shadow is all I have to go on.  The Little Guy site says the fan should not run continuously.  My converter fan doesn't run continuously.  Does yours?

Thanks

Verna

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options

Steve, according to Scott Hubble, the fan should only run to cool off the converter, and shouldn't run continuously.  He asks that you please call Ed Kauffman at the Pleasant Valley Trailer Company on Monday to discuss this with him.  Telephone number 330.852.4811 (office). 

Good Luck!!

Ed Kauffman
    Little Guy & T@B Warranty Representative
    Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers
    754 Edelweiss Drive
    Sugarcreek, OH 44681
    330.852.4811 (office)
    330.852.7065 (fax)
    Email: ed@pleasantvalleytrailers.com

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    Will do!
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    Left a message with someone, no return call so far. No return email from Jonathan either.
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options

Steve, I think you have to pretty much catch up with Ed.  He's a busy man.  It may take more than one call to catch him at the phone, maybe even staying on hold for a while. 

Good Luck

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Alright!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    Thanks.
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    I did get in touch with Ed but it did take some time. 
    I found out today, after talking with him about our repair work, that I should have documented what is needed with an email. Ed@pleasantvelleytrailers.com. Our replacement parts have not yet been ordered and it has been over a week. Also found out that we have to get on a list at the dealer for the repair work. They are booked out almost 3 weeks. Ed thinks we have a defective Converter.

T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    Stupid question, but I want to order a converter to plug in the T@b at my home this Thursday, and at a friend's... ...these have 30 amp plugs, right? So a 30 to 20 adapter should get the job done?
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    (Note: as the T@b isn't home yet, I can't just loo, at the plug. P.s. I too wish for one "megamanual" for these babies!)
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Xpadrex, there's so many new terms to learn!!  We'll help you.

The "converter" we're referring to is built into the T@B.  It converts the 110V shore power (electrical power to the T@B) to 12V for all of the 12V appliances, lights, etc. 

I think you're referring to an "adapter" to adapt your 30 amp power plug from your T@B to the 15A/20A service from a normal electrical outlet at your home.

Here  is one of the 30 amp to 15 amp adapters.  You can find these at Walmart, Camping World, Amazon--many places. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Belva -- I had a bad circuit board which prevented me from picking up my T@B as scheduled.  My dealer ordered the replacement from LG and it took over a week.  I would think they would FedEx  replacement "bad" parts to the dealership, but the dealer said that LG was very "busy" and it came regular UPS delivery.  I wonder how long it takes to determine a defective converter?  I know you have had your T@B out several times since last August. Just wondering.  I should probably test my T@B several times before the warranty expiration.  :-B
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    Belva... you are correct, I meant adapter... this is what I get for posting so late! Thank you for the confirmation on the plug... I need to have one here by Thursday so I can hook it up! So pumped.
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Wanderoo, really? I did not remember that you had had that problem. Ed K told me that LG changed suppliers recently. The converter we have is the newest supplier. The dealer does not have T@B yet, to test and see just what happened. 

XPADREX, we all know that feeling of excitement of bringing home our T@Bs. 
    Our T@B is parked in our driveway, so I go out everyday and check her out. 
    We have an assortment of adapters. We purchased what we needed from a local RV supply/dealer. You really only need what Verna suggested. We purchased an adapter or two that we don't need.
    Be sure you take your adapter with you when you visit your friend. It's easy to forget it. We keep ours inside T@B when not plugged into shore power. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    Sorry, Verna! It was you and not Belva... well thanks to you both! ...and indeed, I will be keeping all t@b stuff inside the t@b, lest I leave it behind.
  • Options
    TABooTABoo Member Posts: 30
    Nice purchase, Scuba. Based on another post I learned that you got it from the same place we got ours. I am certain that yours was in the showroom. They were taking off the visor when we were waiting for ours to get ready to take home. They said you were picking it up the next day. Crazy. Ours is the same color scheme as yours, but the S model.
  • Options
    Yes,, and I had to ask them where that visor and solar panel were when I was picking T@OD up!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    TABooTABoo Member Posts: 30
    Nice. Did you get the visor and solar panel?
  • Options
    I have a question about the fuse for the 12V battery. Today I took off the converter panel to check out the fuse panel, mostly because of Belva's recent problem with their battery.  I wanted to be sure I knew which fuse to pull out in the even of battery problems.  It seems as though the 40 amp fuse is the one for the battery, but my panel says that "only replace with Littlefuse Type 257 fuse."  Is this not a standard fuse?  Has anyone replaced their 12 V battery fuse with something else?  8-}
  • Options
    Yes, I did receive panel and visor. Solar was a big selling point for me.
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    I bought the Visor XL with my deal... waiting for it to arrive. Contemplati g the solar... ...but in truth, I'm starti g to think I might like a set of flexible panels installed discreetly on the roof instead of something that takes up space and might get ganked... in any case, I like the idea of keeping the battery charged via the sun... if nothing bit the fantastic vent and some lights, it makes for a cool crib if off the grid.
  • Options
    Yeah, there is a part of me really worried about the extra size and wind... ...and I have heard about the door issue. I appreciate the tips and feedback... my motivation was to have something (anything!) That could primarily help keep sun down in hot conditions, or shade a bit when we travel.
  • Options
    I am thinking about buying a stand-alone shelter that doesn't attach to the T@B.  Don't know how that will work, but the end result is to provide shade and maybe a shelter from soft rain to sit under and still be outside.  Anyone tried that yet? It probably wouldn't be as stable as the tent/awing, but it's a thought.   :-S