East TN boondocking

If anyone is passing through the area, I would be glad to offer a spot on my property, it's safe and convenient to shopping, restaurants, and 40 minutes from the entrance to the Smokey Mountains National Park.

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    That is a very generous offer! I have a standing offer in Knoxville with friends (I lived there for a brief stint.) There are not many places to boondocl in the area, though. 

On a side note, friends of mine camped at a commercial CG in Walland for the eclipse and said it was very nice.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• easttntabeasttntab Member Posts: 48
    Your right, we have the usual Walmart and Interstate truck stops and not much else. I am glad you have friends to stay with when you travel. Our area has many things to see and do!
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    easttntab said:
    Your right, we have the usual Walmart and Interstate truck stops and not much else. I am glad you have friends to stay with when you travel. Our area has many things to see and do!
    I believe the Wal-Mart's, Cracker Barrellxs and others do not permit overnight parking...wouldn't surprise me if there are ordinances on the books dating back to the World's Fair. 8 think you could probably overnight at Wal-Mart in Lenoir City, though.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Easttntab - thanks for the generous offer!  We have friends in Sevierville up in the hills.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • nolagringanolagringa Member Posts: 25
    This is very nice of you.  Looks like I'll be getting a T@b in a few weeks and am looking for places to go to teach my dog this is fun (we're in New Orleans, and she thinks camping is ridiculous). 
    nolagringa-As long as your dog is hanging out with you, I'm sure she will enjoy the whole experience! Will you be doing any traveling/camping soon?
  • nolagringanolagringa Member Posts: 25
    @easttntab - I plan to take ownership of a T@b on December 9 and am hoping for a trip or two over the holidays.  We have friends who just got an RV van and they have a dog that mine plays with so hopefully we'll do some trips together to teach her it's fun.  She thinks tent camping is the pits and hates sleeping with me, so we'll see! :)

i'd like to do progressively longer trips to prepare for a 3-week roadtrip to the west coast next August.  So, hopefully your offer will still be good in spring.  I'm sure it's beautiful country up there - and my poor dog has never seen a mountain so that should be fun!

nolagringa-Give me a shout when ever you think you are close to making your trip! You are going to love your T@b. Happy Camping!