Winterize new T@B 400 2017

Just purchased this summer and need to winterize it. Trying to find a checklist to help me make sure I get it right and newbe to RV's. The Alde 3010 is my biggest concern as the manual I have is not as clear as I would like it to be. Wish nuCamp published an Owner's manual for the 400 which included winterization. Anyone have a checklist for this model or any assistance. Thanks so much.

Comments

• HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    edited November 2017
    I took a post from JohnDanielsCPA and turned it into a checklist for winterizing my 400.  He uses the “blowout” method.  I’ll figure out the locations for valves and drains when I winterize my camper today.  Here is what John says (I’ve edited his post to meet my needs.  Here is the page where his original post appears - http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/5866/winterizing-methods-revisited/p3):

“T@Bs are very small trailers that don’t have a lot of tubing.  If you blow out the lines with at least 40psi pressure, you are going to blow out enough water to virtually eliminate any risk of damage.  Water does not expand THAT much when it freezes, so if there is a little bit left in the lines, you aren’t going to have a problem.  Water lines break when water freezes and it has nowhere to go.  The little bit of water likely left in the lines after blowing them out will not expand enough to break them. 

1. Make sure you drain the Alde; yellow lever flipped up; and leave it up.  Open your low point drains, then run your compressor through the city water connection.  
    2. Open each faucet (hot then cold for kitchen sink then shower) and flush your toilet so the water is cleared from the toilet valve.  
    3. If you have an outside shower, make sure you clear that as well.  Give the compressor time to push most of the water out; it doesn’t have to be every drop.  
    4. Finally, run your water pump for a few seconds.  Unscrew the filter and drain any water that may have collected there.  Some water may drain out of the pump when you remove the filter, but it won’t be enough to be concerned with.  
    5. The drains (shower, sink and toilet) need to have antifreeze dumped down them; not a lot, maybe a cup at most for each drain.”
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    Also see thread "How to winterize your TaB with Alde system..." under the category User Manuals / PDF Files / Videos
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Mark_and_SueMark_and_Sue Member Posts: 11
    We just purchased a T@b 400. It was winterized. We are planning a trip south this month. We will need to dewinterize once south and winterize before returning. Planning on not using freshwater tank or pump. Will use city water hookups. So...we will drain everything  and do the blowout or antifreeze method. Our dealer strongly recommends antifreeze method. My question given our use, can we leave out the step about the water pump? I assume we would get one of those hand pumps to fill the city water lines with antifreeze. Am I missing something?

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    edited November 2017
    Have you ever had water in your freshwater tank and pump?  Maybe not you, but the factory or dealer?   If so, at a minimum, drain the freshwater tank, run the pump dry, empty the hoses on both sides of the pump and winterize the rest of your system.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    If I recall corectly, the 400 has a really nice winter bypass switch on the driver side in an outside compartment. This is different from the 320, so please check your manual.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

jkjenn said:
    If I recall corectly, the 400 has a really nice winter bypass switch on the driver side in an outside compartment. This is different from the 320, so please check your manual.
    This is correct. 
  • gregandpattygregandpatty Member Posts: 5
    our 400 came only with a "T@B manual" which is not specific for the 400 - all the diagrams and pics are for the 320... what does the bypass switch do?
    our 400 came only with a "T@B manual" which is not specific for the 400 - all the diagrams and pics are for the 320... what does the bypass switch do?
    To quote ColoradoJon:
    When you winterize with anti freeze you need to bypass the hot water heater so it doesn't fill with antifreeze.  Drain the system, including the hot water heater, then shut off the bypass valve.  Or switch to the blowout method, which is what I do.  It is a lot easier in my opinion.

I am using the blowout method as well..