What is the Convenience Package?

I've been looking at some new T@b boondocks, and several dealers refer to the "convenience package." Does anyone know what that refers to? 

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580

Order Form a dealer gave me for planning / daydreaming, says:

TAB 320 S

Base Package

Includes: Sink. 2-Burner Stove, 3-Way Fridge, 3-Speed Fantastic Fan.19” Entertainment Package, A/C, Alde System, External Shower & Front Window.

Convenience Package

Includes: LED Lights, Alloy Wheels, Spare Tire, Electric Brakes, Acrylic Dual Panel Windows, Night Shades, Tank/Battery Monitors & Disconnect.

The above Packages are ' X ' Marked as pre-selected by Factory (or my dealer??) There is a price for the Base Package while Convenience is set at 'no charge'.  In general believe the Base+Convenience are the Standard Features.

The above is from a TAB Order Form marked * effective 4/1/2017 *

There are additional customer selections for Colors, Cushions, Custom packages (like Boondock), and finally general options like extra portal window, solar panel, etc.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • RogerLRogerL Member Posts: 24
    Is there a way to get the Order Form other than visiting a dealer?
    2018 T@B 320CS-S, 2018 GMC Canyon SLT
    Urbana, MD
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,395
    I've yet to hear of a modern T@B that doesn't have all of those items listed in the "Convenience Package" so it's unclear why there is any distinction being made.
    2015 T@B S
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @RogerL While I don't know it for a fact, I'm guessing you need the order form from a dealer since they're only sold through dealers, but to be certain, why not call nüCamp and check it out?

@ScottG et all, reminds me of my favorite fridge magnet "Imagine my surprise when I learned a kitchen came with the house."
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Looks like nuCamp has streamlined their production process.  Instead of the 3 option choices of Basic, Quick Start, and Max the models all have the same features as the old "Max" package (except choice of wet bath or no wet bath) with optional add ons - solar, colors, choice of cushion fabric, etc.  I wonder if you can still order a TaB without the entertainment package or AC?  What is the upgraded LP storage?  Larger tank?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Sam:   April-2017 Order form
    has A/C and Entertainment Package as customer can 'Delete Options'.

There is also an option to Add Outback/Boondock Tub (assume it is larger than standard)

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Thanks Muttonchops.  That would be the diamond plate tub and platform.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • PpapaveroPpapavero Member Posts: 2
    The tub and platform are separate items, and priced separately. The tubs are the same size. Aluminum diamond plate versus plastic.
    2018 T@b 320 S.
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    The aluminum tub is larger than the plastic one. It also has a solid floor. At least that's my understanding when I compare my 2016 Outback with a friend's standard 320.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I'm hoping the streamlining is not a hard and fast rule. I can envision a day when I will need to replace my 2007 Clamshell, and was really happy with the "levels" and customization, knowing I could get a unit almost identical to what I have now. (No TV, no Alde, no holding tanks, no bath, etc., etc.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL