Options

What's your opinion of the T@B "mattress?"

2»

Comments

• Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    edited December 2017
    @Spruce1... what kind of cushions did you go with?  Do it yourself?  We have the same vintage and the cushions are really soft...
    Hi DurangoTaB-we went to a local foam retailer and they set us up with
    9600 - High Resiliency Weight: 3.1lbs/Cu.Ft. Firmness # 33 foam.  

They had a table where they set out the foam samples for you to try.  On the 9600 we could lie on our sides and not feel the hard table top on our hips.

We replaced all of the cushion foam except for the small, somewhat triangular-shaped ones on the side.  I had the shop do most of them for us primarily for convenience.  If I had to do it over I would have done it myself to save a few $$$.

While we use the space mostly for sleeping we do like the flexibility having the table for dining so we left the configuration the same.  In other words, we simply replaced the foam inside of the cushions.

To quote my better half "One of our best purchases, I must say".  Well worth the expense imho.

2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    We took all our original upholstery out and made our own sofa back.  We use a cut down Ikea mattress. Here is a link to our older post in the mods sectionBed mod and microwave stand
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • Options
    FreshaireFreshaire Member Posts: 97
    I bought two twin-sized 4" thick fiberbeds.  A duvet cover acts as a bottom sheet, so all I need is a top blanket/sheet.  The are compressible and easily fit behind the couch back, or stack up nicely on top of each other on the couch bench, leaving the two side cushion areas open so that there is seating at the table.  If I am traveling solo, it is easy to leave the second fiberbed behind.  They were pricey but I get a great night of sleep on 'em.
    2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
    TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
    Crozet, VA
  • Options
    Hale_HonuHale_Honu Member Posts: 15
    We use a 2" foam topper.  We keep the bed made up all the time. 

Dave and Colleen
    2017 Sofitel S Max |  2012 Tacoma SR5 Access w/Towing Package
    Ashland City, TN
  • Options
    brookingsbrookings Member Posts: 39
    I have a 2018 s.  The cushions are firm but are made to last. Soft cheap cushions fall apart in a year. any couch bed in any rv needs a topper.  
  • Options
    johntreacyjohntreacy Member Posts: 31
    We have a 320 S. We bought two twin-sized memory/gel foam pads and shortened them to fit sideways, wheel-to-wheel. Then we cut a little off the width of one so the total width filled the bed in the hitch-to-tail dimension. When soloing, I can leave the smaller one behind and sleep on a twin with the table in place. 
    Olympia, WA
    2018 T@B 320S Sofitel 
    2017 Tacoma SR5 AC 4x4 w/ 6 cyl Towing Package

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,499
    I travel solo and I use this self-inflating mattress on top of the original cushions to sleep wheel-to-wheel in my CS-S. It's a little long but its possible to squish it between the two walls. It is extremely comfortable and the firmness is adjustable with a little pump. The same company makes a duo version that is wider. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab