Options

Water Pump Not Pumping

Hi All - We are new owners of a 2016 T@B CS-S. We bought it privately, but it has never been used so we don't have a dealer relationship. Everything was still wrapped in plastic, not a mark on anything; so we are confident that nothing has ever been used/run. I'm it getting ready for our first voyage and all seems well except the water pump. We finally have a warm enough day to check out the water system without fear of freezing. Hooked up the city water connection and flushed out all of the lines. Everything seems fine. I then filled the on board tank to test out the pump. Tank is filled and the pump runs when turned on, but I get nothing from the faucets - not even a sputter. It obviously isn't priming. Any ideas? Is there a valve somewhere that I am missing? All of the valves in the back under the sink appear to be in the correct position described in the "Winterizing Manual" for "Camping Mode". Is there another valve somewhere (maybe underneath) closer to the tank? I Help. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    Jeff, you may have an air lock.  Check to make sure your pump connections including the filter are tight.  Make sure there is no debris in the pump filter.  Drop the front of the TaB, flush the toilet several times, then open up one faucet/ shower at a time for about 30 seconds.  You should hear air escape.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    Have some threads to examine.  Some concern priming, some concern issues with clogged filters.  Good luck, and We Want Pictures of your new T@B!   (I'm sure someone will be along soon to be more specific with help.)

https://www.google.com/search?ei=DkKUWvf5AcSGsQXH5o3QBw&q=priming+pump++site:tab-rv.vanillaforums.com&oq=priming+pump++site:tab-rv.vanillaforums.com&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3356.8538.0.9326.27.19.0.0.0.0.204.1850.15j3j1.19.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..13.0.0....0.b-qhZvgS3C0

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Brett_HoneycuttBrett_Honeycutt Member Posts: 12
    we just had this same issue happen to us.  we left home with 1/3 tank of water thinking we would fill the FW tank when we got to the campground.  well, the campground didn't have a fill station. we camped over night and my wife took a shower.  after breakfast the sink faucet started spitting water, so i new we were empty.  i filled a 2.5 gallon water jug 4 times at the bathhouse and put into the camper, but no water flowed through the faucets. the pump worked and the filter was clean and we had a third of a tank of FW.  we had no internet access, so this forum was of no use until we came home. 

After reading through possible solutions to our problem, i filled the water tank, turned the pump on and held the toilet flush down for maybe ten seconds before the water started flowing. Hallelujah!!!

i think completely filling the FW tank helped the head pressure/resistance (minimize the distance from the high water point in the tank to the pump) and flushing the toilet (the lowest fixture) was the cure.

thanks for all the help.  Happy Tabbing,
    Brett
    T@b 400, Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Brett_Honeycutt, one thing I keep in my T@B is a folder that contains printouts of various discussions from this T@B forum.  This is so that even if I have no internet, I can always have the information that is most important to me at hand.  

Look at the categories on the left and choose the discussion that is easiest for you to understand and print it and put it in a folder:

Fuses for Newbies
    Winterization procedures for your year and model of T@B (find the discussion that explains it best for you)
    How to change a tire (never put the jack under your axle)
    Battery maintenance
    Refrigerator maintenance
    Phone Numbers for the nüCamp factory
    The link to this T@B forum ( just in case you use someone else’s computer)
    Whatever else you feel is important

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Ditto what @Verna said! I also copied it all to MS One Note so if I do have internet it's all there. I also found that holding the toilet handle open until the water ran smoothly worked for me. This forum is full of great info and amazing people! Have fun with your new Tab!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Emkay717Emkay717 Member Posts: 6
    This sounds very much like our problem.  However, we don't have a toilet.  How else can we fix it?
    2018 T@B 320CS TV 2019 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Welcome @Emkay717

1.  Have you hooked up to city water and opened all your faucets (sink and outdoor shower if you have one)?  When on city water, make sure you open your hot water faucet and fill your Alde fresh tank.  You should see some sputtering at the faucets until it is full.  Then close your faucets.

2.  Unscrew the clear filter cap and clean the filter.

3.  Make sure you have tightened all connections and closed the outside shower faucets.

If these don't work try this with a full fresh water tank:  

Disconnect the intake side of the pump and place it in a bucket of clean water.  Turn on the pump to see if it will take up the water.  If it does, then disconnect and try the pump again using your fresh water tank.

• Options

We connected city water to flush through and ensure that the Alde tank is full... I believe it should be since the hot water spigot worked on both the sink and the outside shower.  (How can we tell if it is filled?). We disconnected the intake.  Water bubbled up through the floor connection.  We put the hose in a bucket with water.  It vibrates from the pump but the filter is not getting water.  We did find that one of the washers was stuck in the pump side of the connection.  We pried it out and reseated it.  Blew air through that house as well as the outtake house.  Cleaned the filter... Nothing.  I am at a total loss.  
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2019
    Found this searching for Shurflo problems in case it applies to your model --

"Inspect the rubber diaphragm in the water pump. If the pump turns on but doesn't pump any water, this could be the problem. Remove the three screws that attach the pump casing to the pump head and check for any damage to the rubber diaphragm. If it is damaged, replace it with a new one. If it looks good, clean it with soap and flush the pump head with water to clean out any built up debris before replacing it and tightening the three screws back on."

Also, what if you disconnect the output hose and try siphoning from one higher bucket to the other through the pump connection? Does water flow at all? 
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options

A lot more than 3 screws.  Can you be more specific?
  • Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited September 2019
    Found these videos searching Youtube for "disassemble shurflo 4008 101 e65" --

valve assembly stuck (jump to 1:14)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCC2125PdpQ
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for the videos, which led me to this one, which just after the seven minute mark he states to the effect that the motor turns on, but just hums, which is exactly what ours is doing. I’ll pull it out and disassemble tomorrow and have ordered a new one, in case the disassemble/reassemble process doesn’t fix the problem. 

https://youtu.be/dqROXlgt-lI

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    @Emkay717 and @JP2558, the Alde tank is full once the hot faucet stops sputtering as the air in the Alde tank has been displaced with water.
  • Options
    Thanks Sharon. We are scheduled to hit the road on Thursday for a long weekend and one way or another we’ll have running water!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    🤞
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Replaced water pump, problem solved!

And here are a few links I used to help me understand the pump:

https://youtu.be/6rw-bR7SRsg

https://youtu.be/dqROXlgt-lI

Thanks, Jerry 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @JP2558, awsome, and congrats! Good campin' to ya.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @dragonsdofly Thanks, heading out for a long weekend, and adventure two! 

Thanks, Jerry