***2018 Pacific NW Fall Jamboree - Planning now for Sept. 14, 15, 16 -- 2018

Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
edited December 2017 in Events & News
 :o 

Hello Fellow T@bbers, T@ggers, T@d@ers, Teardroppers, and 

Gosh, wasn't the 2017 Jam just wonderful?  We pretty much had a unanimous decision that we want to get together again at Fort Worden WA State Park in the fall of 2018.  This date range is traditionally just glorious for camping weather....fingers crossed.  Everyone who is interested in rallying with us:

1.  Please start watching the Fort Worden CAMPING RESERVATION WEBSITE 
(https://washington.goingtocamp.com/Home.aspx) or call 1-888-226-7688 to snag a campsite for September 14, 15, and 16, 2018 (Fri, Sat, Sun).  The website says dates open 9 months in advance.  Sounds like we'd better start checking for availability right after Thanksgiving 2017 to book Sept. 2018!  Some may want to arrive earlier and/or stay later that weekend, but these will be our core days.  ****RESERVATION CALENDAR OPEN TODAY FOR 9/12/18!******
FRANK AND I ARE NOW BOOKED TO ARRIVE WEDNESDAY-SUNDAY IN SITE 65.  SEE ROSTER. 

2.  Please reserve spots in the Upper Forest Campground first (sites 51-80).  We learned it was really neat to be huddled together as much as possible as a community.  If we can do this, we can also avoid the cost of the beach shelter and instead just set up camp chairs near our sites for the storytelling, mod discussions, music/singing, and eating.  It was so great to rove adjacent sites and visit with each other. Let's do that again. 

If we completely fill the Upper Forest on the park reservation map, let's then establish a second huddle down at the Lower Beach Campground (suggest sites 1-20 area).  I know the "beach" site sounds better but those beach sites are spread out so much, and for fall, the Upper Forest campground felt much less windy and cozy for a group.  If we need to expand down the hill, we can make a second huddle down there as plan B.  Again, it's best to huddle with others to enjoy the neighborly activities.

3.  Please sign the Roster List.  Here's the link to the Roster List sheet!   Please click on the link below, and then click in each box on the sheet to type your information and hit Tab button to move out of the box after you enter your info......this list is just so we know you are planning to join in and keep up with our huddling efforts onsite.  If you sign our roster here now, please don't forget to come back and add your campsite number when the state site lets you reserve it.   This google doc is just to track participation.  It does not reserve your campsite!  Use the link above in #1 to do that! ;-)
ROSTER LIST
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R_NExps8RfzgZEv3XjO9NS2P1n-4yI1vaqEEKHrlwYg/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to 2Cougs and others who have volunteered to help lead the festivities.
I am also sharing this as an event on Lady Teardroppers, WA State T@bbers, T@b Camping Trailers, Teardrop Camper Adventures, and here in the forum. 
And remember yall, "Great Minds Camp Alike" in our wonderful little trailers.

Hope to see yall there,
Melanie, Frank, and the Corgi Dogs

Sharing 2017 Jam Made the News:

Comments

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    It WAS a great get together!!!  Can't wait to see you all again next year! =)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Mariner459Mariner459 Member Posts: 146
    BUMP.  *****WA STATE PARK RESERVATION CALENDAR OPENING SOON FOR OUR DATES AT FT WORDEN!!*****
    What is Reservation Day???  Don’t want to miss it!!!

• MyKeyMyKey Member Posts: 1
    Hello 2Cougs...The reservation system allows reservations to be made nine months in advance beginning at 7am PST.  So, if you want to arrive on the 14th of September, sites will become available on December 14th at 7am PST either online or via their call center.  Hope you're not looking to book the space I want...haha...I will try to press send before you do!
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @MyKey, while your post was not intended as an introduction,  it's your first,  so welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations. I'm assuming, and wishing you much happy t@bbing in the future!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    This was such a fun event last year... But we spent the entire time talking to people and looking at T@bs!  This year we are staying 4 nights so we also get time to explore before everyone arrives!  Got our reservations this morning... My site from last year was already booked !  We are in site 60 this year... Hope that wasn't the one you wanted @MyKey ;) This will fill up fast, so don't forget to set your alarm to be making your reservation right at 7:00... Or even reserve today and  shorten up later if you are worried (there is a small fee to do that, but you have a better chance of getting a site).  Hope to see lots of great people again this year!!!

edited September 2018
    Hi all!
    We just booked to arrive on Thur night 9/13 through Sunday evening or Mon morning....we will be in #65.  And we are there the week before for Labor Day but in a different site. 
    I just went around to several of the Facebook groups we are in for T@bs, too, and made the following update:

RE: THE 2018 PACIFIC NW FALL JAM EVENT HERE ON THE FB SITE, THE WA STATE PARKS RESERVATIONS SITE IS OPEN NOW IF YOU WANT TO ARRIVE WEDNESDAY NEXT FALL. IF YOU WANT TO COME IN ON THURSDAY, THAT SHOULD OPEN TOMORROW, ETC. FRANK AND I ARE RESERVED IN THE FOREST AREA #65 STARTING WED 9/12/2018. PLEASE ALSO GO TO THE GOOGLE DOC SPREADSHEET AND UPDATE YOUR INTENT TO JOIN IN THE CAMPING FUN.

https://parks.state.wa.us/223/Reservations

Can hardly wait!
    Melanie and Frank
  • HopsHops Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2017
    We're in #79 Thurs-Sun. See you there.

Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
    2014 Ford Escape 2.0 EcoBoost
  • MortyandDottieMortyandDottie Member Posts: 37
    We just booked #71.  looking forward to seeing everyone. 
    Charles, Dee and the Dogs, Poulsbo WA

2017 Silver on Silver T@B S Outback

2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
  • SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    Only three spaces left in upper campground.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
    edited December 2017
    Thanks @Aussie!
    Folks there are 15 campers on the sign up sheet but not all have indicated a site number.  

After we fill the upper forest with those last 3, here's our plan....

After we completely fill the Upper Forest on the park reservation map, let's then establish a second huddle down at the Lower Beach Campground (suggest sites 1-20). If we need to expand down the hill, we can make a second huddle down there as plan B.  Again, it's best to huddle with others to enjoy the neighborly activities.
  • annphillips6annphillips6 Member Posts: 14
    Hi all! we would love to join in for 2018 - i couldnt see any open sites... have we missed the window to sign up? 
    Ann Logan Phillips
    West Seattle, USA
    Hi @annphillips6 I do see some available for Sept 13, 14, 15 - in the site range #1- 50
    Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
    Go ahead and drop down to the lower beach.  We have filled the forest.  I believe but a second cluster of teardroppers are getting spots near the lower numbers there!
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I just went to the Ft. Worden reservation site & it shows all full. :s Is it true, or am I missing something here? Anything else available close by? Lil help here please!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Hi @ericnliz Well here's one option: there are(as of 03/15) reservable spots available if you just look at one day at a time in this scenario you would just move the trailer. Another option is to arrive earlier perhaps on the Wednesday and use one of the nonreservable sites. Once you reserve the spots that are one day at a time, you may be able to consolidate the reservations into one site at a later time. 
    Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
    Reminder for those attending:
    (originally posted by @Mariner459
    3.  Please sign the Roster List.  Here's the link to the Roster List sheet!   .....this list is just so we know you are planning to join in and keep up with our huddling efforts onsite.  If you sign our roster here now, please don't forget to come back and add your campsite number when the state site lets you reserve it.   This google doc is just to track participation.  It does not reserve your campsite!  Use the link above in #1 to do that! ;-)
    ROSTER LIST
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R_NExps8RfzgZEv3XjO9NS2P1n-4yI1vaqEEKHrlwYg/edit?usp=sharing 
    Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
    @Hops, Thanks for the info. I'm not looking to move sites day to day, but thanks all the same. If there are cancellations, I'd be willing to pay the folks, or get a heads-up on any sites that are open. I'd be open to a day before, and or a day after the rally as well. I'm also curious as to an over-flow site near-by at another campground. I used to live in the Port Angeles area, but that was over 30 years ago, and I'm quite sure things have changed considerably. =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

edited March 2018
    @ericnliz.... just putting a crazy thought out there!!  Considering the park will be filled with T@Bs for the weekend and we plan, hopefully, to make this a yearly gathering, I wonder if the park would consider allowing two T@Bs per site.  Many parks allow an RV and a tent in one site, so what's the diff?  T@Bs are tiny.   I'd be willing to share my site with ya.  We gotta have the master bbqer there!
    @ericnliz -  Some of the sites are really big and that would be a possibility!  Good idea!

@2Cougs, & @Aussie, AND THAT'S why I love you guys!!!! @Aussie, have Pit Barrel, will travel! :) I'm wondering if I should contact them, or someone with an already made reservation would be better....thoughts on this please & thank you!
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz... I'll call them this afternoon.  Maybe i could bribe them with a plate of your ribs.  OR...  @Mariner459, do you have a contact at the park?
    @Aussie, Thanks, please let me know. Much appreciated!
    Spokane, Wa.

What a fantastic community. I see some pad lengths at 60' not sure that's for real.
    Hops and Cascade
    2017 T@B 320 Max S
    @Hops, Agree with the fantastic community...you don't know the half of it since my dear Liz passed away in late December. I couldn't ask for a nicer, more supportive group of friends! I am indeed a lucky, fortunate man! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

@ericnliz...update.  The only phone numbers I can come up with are for the state park reservation system and for the fort's onsite lodging.  I think @Mariner459 will be our best bet as I believe they reserved the beach shelter for us last year.  BUT, I haven't given up the search yet!
    Thanks @Aussie.
    Spokane, Wa.

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Aussie, try (360) 344-4400. That looks like the direct line to the rangers. You'll probably have to leave a message this time of year, but I bet they call you back. This is what I did yesterday calling Lincoln Rock. Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    Thanks, Becky.  I tried the number, pressed "6" to reach the park ranger and the phone just disconnects.  Could be they aren't in service yet so I'll keep trying over the next few weeks.  @ericnliz... I can be very persistent so won't give up without a fight!  We want you there.
    @Aussie, thanks again. please know that I appreciate all the help I receive tremendously! :)
    Spokane, Wa.