Options

T@b broken off privacy screen pull handle-clip thingy

Has anyone broken off their clip handle to the window?  It's part of the roll up privacy screen to lock it shut when down and to unlock and grab when closing up. Mine came off recently and I want to replace our T@b 320-S Outback is only 8 months old.  Still weaning.  Thanks.  William J

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2018
    @wjacobs, my suggestion is to call Elsie @ NuCamp. Since your trailer is under warranty, she should be able to send you a replacement or two. They do just clip on and my DH has fumble fingers. He pops them off regularly, but hasn't broken them. You can find the contact number for parts at the factory posted to the left hand side of the screen in the contacts category. Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 512
    I had 2 go bad, now I put two per shade. If someone comes up with a better solution I sure will listen.
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,501
    Are they really necessary? I'm not sure exactly what they do, but there's nothing fitting that description in my 2015 and the shades and screens operate just fine.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,588
    Scott, they are plastic clips that hold the screen and shade together so they can slide as one or separate.  Easy to break and replace.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,501
    edited August 2021
    Ahhh. Sounds like a pain. If you decide to just go without I can assure you that fingers also perform that task quite capably!  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Bill@ndRoxBill@ndRox Member Posts: 89
    thanks everyone. i cant believe the quik response on this forum. you folks are great.
  • Options
    Bill@ndRoxBill@ndRox Member Posts: 89
    Heard from NuCamp The clippies are still under warantee so they’re sending replacements . So nice of them.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,503
    @wjacobs and yet another great reason we love our Tabs! I've worked customer service jobs for years in one form or another, and this company is a true joy to work with. Congrats on the quick response!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @wjacobs, I had a good laugh at your post...the first time Liz opened up the shades, the clip went flying across the interior. She had a REALLY sad face :s standing in the doorway when she said "You're not gonna believe what I just did." I walked in, picked the clip up, clipped it back on, & put the shade down. Reply: "REALLY?", My reply: "Yep, try going a little slower & use both hands." Haven't had one come off since. Please know you've come to a good place, with a LOT of good , helpful folks & a great company that stands behind & is very proud of their products! Get out there & enjoy yourself & know there are folks that actually have your back! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    Mine come off all the time.. I gave up putting them back on! I hope nucamp comes up with a better solution in the future.