Low propane pressure at the stove in a CS-S max

I have a question for you.  I have a 2016 320 C.S.-S Max.  I’ve noticed the flame on the stove is no long burn strong and hot.  It very wimpy.  The tank is full.  Would this be a regulator issue/an adjustment?
Thanks,  Greg
Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

Comments

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Did you leave the tank disconnected for any amount of time last summer? Bugs or mud-dauber wasps have been known to get into the fittings.

Or maybe just disconnect and reconnect the tank?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    Thanks for the response.  The tank has only been disconnected long enough to get a refill.  I did disconnect and reconnect it resently.  I thought somehow that might help.  It's still the same.

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    ? Air in the line?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    Is the Alde working ok?
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @dinzzy, Sometimes when you disconnect & re-connect the tank, the pressure regulator seems to have a mind of it's own. Try disconnecting, leave it disconnected for a while, re-connect, and turn the valve on SLOWLY. I had the same issue with mine once & that's how it mysteriously resolved itself. I hope it works for you, because I know I went through some real head-scratchin' and tried several things before I finally resolved the issue in the above fashion. When it happened to me, first thought was  :o WHAT? Good luck & let us know if that works. Thanks, 
    Eric
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    And, there could be a small spider web inside the burner.....whatever you call the piece the gas comes from to make a flame....!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    @Verna, my guess....gas tube! =)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    I had a recently filled cylinder that wouldn't flow.  Turns out the OPD valve had stuck in the closed position because the cylinder was so full.  The float was right at the top near the saftey shut off level.  Tipping the tank upside down and back upright got things flowing again.

The Alde seems to be working.  I’ll try disconnecting the line for a while and the reconnect.  While disconnected I’ll turn it upside down to free a possible stuck float.  I’ll check for a spider under the burner.  I’ll give you an update soon.
    Greg

Update:  Verna, no spiders.  I was hoping they were there as that would be a fix I could see.  I took out the tank and flipped it upside several times (I did not hear the float bumping around), disconnect the propane line, reconnecting it 30 mins latter and turned it on slow.  My flame is improved.  I’m camping this weekend at Malibu Beach RV Resort so with the ocean breeze I will see how well it does.  Thanks everyone.

Malibu Beach RV resort - we want pics!
    @dinzzy, Thanks for the update! Happy camping! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

This is was last Mother’s Day.  We have the same spot.  I’m expecting the same weather!  We are on a bluff over looking the ocean.  I perfect spot the whale watch!

Nice shot! Hey, I have the same Cabella's out door kitchen! Love it! How's the stove workin'?
    Spokane, Wa.

I have a stronger 🔥.   

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    I recently read literature from our new Weber Q-100 gas grill which said it's critical to always wait a full minute after turning on the tank valve before turning on the burner valve, to give the lines time to pressurize; because the regulator has a safety mechanism that prevents full gas flow if a leak is detected, and opening the burner valve too soon simulates a leak, as the lines don't get enough time to fully pressurize.  I don't know if this is true for all regulators, but worth a try, if applicable.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
    @BrianZ, Good point, thanks for mentioning this one!
    Spokane, Wa.

Interesting point.  I’ll try that!

The point BrianZ made might be why disconnecting the propane line for a while and then reconnecting and turning the value open slowly is suggested.  The regulator won’t think there is a leak and shut down!

Just a thought.

Greg

Malibu went off with our a hitch!  Strong flame even with the ocean breeze.  Thanks for all the advice and help!!
    Greg