T@B 320 Roof Strength?

BarryBarry Member Posts: 11
I'll be waxing my 320 CS-S for the first time and need to know whether the roof will support my weight while doing so.  Couldn't find the info by searching, and hope I'm not duplicating someone else's effort.  Thanks ... Barry in Belleville.

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Barry we use Meguires Wash and Wax- no duplication of efforts and the Tab looks great afterwards. To answer your question, I don’t believe that the roof can hold a person without damaging the unit.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The roof support members are 1” square aluminum struts and they cannot support your weight. 

I wax my T@B twice a year and I use a winter snow scraper with a rag wrapped around the scraper end to apply and to wipe off the wax from the roof. You’ll need a 6’ ladder to carefully work from. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Well...I’ve been on my roof 3 times with no I’ll effect. I weigh 165lbs dripping wet.  I spread my weight across and stayed as close to the edges as possible.  I did have to climb up via the diamond plate tub once while on the side of the highway...fireside story...

I wouldn't make a practice of it, but I have done it.  Your results may vary...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A T@G’s roof rack attached to the sidewalls is only rated for 100 lbs. To lay on a T@B’s roof with the same construction, and 12” wider, is taking a great chance for unpredictable results.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • BarryBarry Member Posts: 11
    Thank you, everyone, for your prompt and insightful responses.  Discretion  being the better part, I think I'll find another way, as some of you have.  Cheers ... BinB
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    The best way I felt I could reach to the center when putting on the fan cover was to use an 8 ft A-frame ladder on each side.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • hymiehymie Member Posts: 150
    @Barry in Belleville..... Ontario?
    James & Jacquie     Almonte, Ontario
    2016 Jeep Cherokee & 2017 T@B Outback
  • BarryBarry Member Posts: 11
    Yeah, hymie; sorry I neglected to properly introduce myself.  My info is now posted in the "Introductions" category.  Cheers ... BinB