First T@B adventure this weekend!

GATabberGATabber Member Posts: 31
edited May 2018 in Introductions
Hello from GA!
We're so excited to have our first T@B adventure this weekend! (Even if it is going to be raining buckets in Tallulah Falls State Park!) We've been pop-up campers for the past 12 years or so -- with 3 kids in tow. Now, that our kids are too old to want to join us, we've down-sized to the T@B 320s (2017 model) and are so excited that we won't have to do all the pop-up chores when we get to camp! We haven't really bought anything to customize the camper yet (organizers, rugs, curtains, etc.) - hoping to "discover" what we need on this trip! We did get a Coleman 10x10 screen house -- but not sure we'll use it due to the weather. Since it's going to be raining all weekend, I guess we'll get to really see what life is like in a tiny teardrop! Wish us luck! LOL
2017 T@B 320 S
TV 2012 Honda Odyssey/2018 Toyota Tacoma

Comments

• rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Good luck!

I'm sure you will learn plenty on your first trip, which will make following trips easier, and more enjoyable. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Welcome and enjoy your Tab!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    The sound of rain on the roof of the T@B is so soothing. Somehow I just always felt damp in the tent-even before  it developed leaks. If you have the standard roof vent fan, watch for rain dripping in; you may need to keep a window(s) cracked open to avoid condensation. But most of all-have fun!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• GATabberGATabber Member Posts: 31
    @jgram2 Thanks for the advice on the roof vent fan! One of the things we want to research is how to cover that area so that when we camp in the rain, it won't be as much of an issue! :)
    2017 T@B 320 S
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    If you haven’t already, search on Maxx fan deluxe. There’re plenty of comments. It adds height so that’s a consideration for storage access.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

So, I have another question related to this weekend -- and camping in rainy conditions. We won't have an awning or visor up, and will be in and out of the camper with wet shoes! Any advice on what to do with them since space is so limited inside? I guess we could take a small rubbermaid and put it outside the door to hold shoes....just wondering if anyone had any other ideas? Thanks!
    2017 T@B 320 S
    Put them in the wetbath!
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Hi GA!! Happy camping! :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Have fun!
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

@boo Great idea about the rain fly! We already have all the parts to make that work! Love this forum! And how helpful everyone is! 
    2017 T@B 320 S
  • gbhaneygbhaney Member Posts: 19
    Welcome! We have the same T@B, purchased June 2017. We camp with two 50-lb. Airedale Terriers, so invested in the PahaQue side tent and this year got the PahaQue XL visor. The tent is a bit of work to set up (not difficult, just a bit of time) and you have to have the width on your camp site for it as it  doubles the width of the camper. We just camped this week for 5 nights with only the visor, for shade and a thunderstorm with hail, and I loved it! PahaQue has periodic sales. We have the Fantastic fan vent cover and can't imagine doing without it! It allows you to keep fan running, intake or exhaust, in the heaviest of windy rainstorms in our experience last year and this. The only drawbacks are the additional 15" or so of height (not sure of actual figure and it's not a problem for most) and the aesthetics, as it sits atop the smooth teardrop roof.
    2021 T@B 400 BD.  Silver with black. TV: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

@gbhaney Thanks so much for this reply! We have also been researching the PahaQue visors and tent rooms! Of course I'd love to have both! But, wow -- so expensive! We'll have to work up to those goodies! :)  We barely have enough room to put the camper in our garage, so I'm afraid the vent cover wouldn't work for us - but I'm gonna get specs and measure carefully, bc if that would work for us that would be great! Do you have to screw then vent cover in?? That's a little scary to us...lol....we don't even wanna put sticky hooks on the walls! :)
    2017 T@B 320 S
    I believe the MaxAir Fan cover collapses down farther than the Fantastic Fan cover.  Check it out.
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @GATabber, Welcome & have fun! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Welcome ...  Every outing is a learning experience.  When we head home, we always say, next time we will do this or that.  Our bed configuration has changed numerous times.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

@TerryV6 We can't decide whether to sleep wheel to wheel or not. :)  A little scared of cracking our heads on the cabinets in the middle of the night if we don't! But if we sleep wheel to wheel....I'm calling the "outside"! Middle of the night potty trips will be a lot easier that way!  =)
    2017 T@B 320 S
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I am too long for w to w.  We did the full, but it was crampy.   We dont mind doing the singles.  Put your feet to the back. I like the extra floor space.  I put on some edge extensions.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI