Options

Suggestions on campsites in Sugarcreek area? Taking T@B in for repairs.

LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
Hi folks,
I'm taking the trailer in this week and wondered if you all have recommendations on campgrounds in the area.  I'll need to spend the night, take the trailer in the next morning...pick it up, and then spend the night again.
Thanks!
Laura
Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Coshocton KOA is about 35 min away with full hookups for under $40/night—a country setting and a pleasant drive to nüCamp. It has an RV dump if you get a site without sewer. 

Winklepleck is under 2 miles away, should be open but not sure about water/electric at each site, but has no RV dump or sewer. Pay at the City of Sugarcreek office. 

Some speak of a campground Walnut.... something....but I have not stayed there.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks @Verna!
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    nuCamp listed these in an email as overflow during the uCamp rally.  Check them out.

•Timbercrest RV Park in Walnut Creek 5.7 miles away 330-893-2720
    •Berlin RV Park in Millersburg11.5 miles away 330-674-4774
    •Amish Country Campsites 8.6 miles away 330-359-5226
    •Evergreen Park RV Resort 12.9 miles away 330-359-2787

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    Laura,
          Sue and I have also stayed at the Coshocton KOA that Verna mentioned.  It is one of the nicest KOA's I have ever been in.  The young couple that run and own it are great and we will be going there again the next time we're out at nucamp for service.  

Winklepleck is just a local County park I believe and they are more of a golf course/somewhere to park an RV than a campsite.  We have also stayed right at nucamp out back.  They have electric hookups for this type of situation but with the new addition going up, this spot may not be available. 

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Doesn't nuCamp now have a couple of sites with electric for people dropping off/picking up?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @jkjenn, with the construction going on this summer for a water test building for the 400’s, the parking is so disorganized, I was afraid I would get stuck in the campsite and not be able to get out until the workers left for the day. That is why I didn’t recommend those sites. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    I live 15 to 20 minutes from Nucamp. Feel free to camp at my house, electric included, for free. This goes for anyone in the group. Just shoot me a message, and I’ll give you the address and phone. 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    @mona That is very gracious.
  • Options
    DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    @mona, if you’re the Jeannie I think you are, it was a pleasure meeting you. Hope to run into you again.
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    When we stayed at the nucamp factory during construction, not only was it difficult getting in and out during construction, the excavators had cut the underground cable to the hookups and there wasn't any power. I don't think they have or ever had water hookups but they let me fill up at their shop. 

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado