Options

400 Owners: What sewer hose are you using with built in storage?

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
I am considering driving deeper into finding out if the sewer storage that is used on the 400 can be retrofitted to the 320, but I do not want to be stuck with a lame sewer hose.

I would love to hear what hose 400 owners are using. I think I heard the the Rhinoflex will not work. Is that accurate?

This seems like a mod that I could do myself with a little help.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited July 2018
    15’ Rhino hose (no trimming of nubs), plus the tapered end fits in the built-in tube on my 2019 400. I carry a 5’ section in a tube from an old leaf blower upright in my front tub, and it’s purpose is for the Blue Boy.  I haven’t figured out the 10’ Rhino extension yet as I will have two propane tanks in the tub for winter camping. 

For your 320:  It looks like you can put a 400 sewer storage tube in front of the rear fin/storage box. You will lose the rear storage area behind the Alde, plus part of your other storage on the passenger side. Measure 5 times to make sure you will clear all exhaust vents and that you are high enough to miss the Alde tube and electrical wiring laying on the floor. 

Good luck. The tube is a neat idea!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    We use the 15' Rhino hose as well with our 400.  The storage tube also fits our bag of gloves.
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Options
    Thanks @Verna and @driftless - I will be emailing Elsie. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    Long before the 400 appeared, I considered building something into the otherwise unused space in the tail piece (behind the heating fins). I've no idea if the part used on the 400 would fit there, but it might be worth investigating.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited July 2018
    ScottG said:
    Long before the 400 appeared, I considered building something into the otherwise unused space in the tail piece (behind the heating fins). I've no idea if the part used on the 400 would fit there, but it might be worth investigating.
    I wonder how you would investigate? That does seem like an ideal location.  

@CincyKid posted, recently, there is not room. It is remarkable how well the factory uses the useable space in a a T@b.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @I looked at a 320 on the assembly line at nüCamp. There isn’t enough room behind, nor under the fins in the rear. 

I edited my my earlier response to clarify my instructions were for the 320. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,448
    jkjenn said:
    ScottG said:
    I wonder how you would investigate? That does seem like an ideal location.  

@CincyKid posted, recently, there is not room. It is remarkable how well the factory uses the useable space in a a T@b.

I poked around back there a couple years ago looking for any place a mouse could get in over the winter. I accessed it through the rear deck, removed the insulation board behind the fins, and used a handheld mirror to see the whole area.

There certainly is some wasted space back there, but I didn't measure it and don't know if it would accommodate the diameter tube needed to hold a sewer hose. It sounds like not, but it's water under the bridge for me as I really like having my carrier mounted up front right behind the tub.  :-)
    2015 T@B S