Newbie... water pump questions

I am charging my 2020 T@b CS-S for the first time and as soon as I plug it in the water pump starts to cycle off and on. Do I need to switch the pump off? If so, do I switch it to "pump" or "water". 

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited October 2019
    @JulieQ As far as I know, your 2020 is like older models. When you have a hose connected, water is “on demand” like it is in your home. Don’t run the pump, it can be damaged. Use a pressure regulator so you don’t exceed 50 psi; higher pressure can damage your plumbing. Use the pump to pull water from your fresh water tank.

Have fun and Welcome to the forum!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I think this is your battery/tank monitor with water pump control.  The switch is labeled Water Pump.  I believe the current view turns on the pump as you should see a red light labeled PMP (pump).  So, rock the switch towards “Water” to turn the pump off.  

Leave the pump off unless you are using water from the fresh water tank.  Judi’s reference to the water pressure regulator is only for a city water connection.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • suramsuram Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2019
    Trying to google the answer but I thought I'd ask here as well: when DO I want to run the water pump?Only when I want to use water from freshwater tank and no hose connection to water- correct?
    2019 pre-owned T@B 320 S, Alde 3020
    TV 2018 Toyota Highlander 3.5L v6
  • tybladesmithtybladesmith Member Posts: 178
    Yes
    Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited October 2019
    @suram, Yes..........this may be more info than you are seeking by your question, but..........you only use the water pump when you are NOT connected to a campground, home, city utility, etc. water line.  When connected to the campground, etc. water source, the pressure provides water directly to your faucet, toilet, and shower, just like it does at your house.  That connection will also automatically fill your Alde hot water tank when you open a hot water valve, whether you are filling an empty Alde tank, or when it is replenishing the supply of water in the Alde tank while you are pulling water from that tank to take a hot shower, wash dishes, etc.

The purpose of the water pump is to pull water from your fresh water holding tank and/or Alde hot water tank when you do not have a fresh water hose connection (e.g., when boondocking or camped at a campground that does not provide a direct water connection.)  You only want to run the water pump when you have water in your fresh water (and hot water tank if you are using hot water) tank.  If you are going to be camping at a site without a water source, you will want to fill those tanks before you arrive at the campground.........either at home or some other convenient location where you can get water.  (I always turn off the water pump if I am not using it.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• JulieQJulieQ Member Posts: 9
    Ok, this is all so helpful. I am now engaging the propane for hot water, I got the hot water going but it stopped running very quickly. Does this mean I ran out of water in the hot water heater? How do I refill it? I am working from the fresh water tank, not hooked up to the city water. 
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    JulieQ said:
    Ok, this is all so helpful. I am now engaging the propane for hot water, I got the hot water going but it stopped running very quickly. Does this mean I ran out of water in the hot water heater? How do I refill it? I am working from the fresh water tank, not hooked up to the city water. 
    The Alde doesn’t have a tank, per se, but a coil that holds approx 2 gallons. You will run out of hot water when you empty your FW tank. Are you running out of hot water or out of water completely? If the former, it could be that you need to adjust the mixing valve upward...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Welcome to the Forums, and the Little Hot Water issue.......Meet your mixing valve!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi