Options

Relocation/Attaching Battery Disconnect Switch

I have a question on relocating my battery disconnect switch.  The switch came mounted on the top of my battery case when I purchased my T@B (2016 T@B Max S).  Since the 1st year, I have had an issue when I am ready to remove the battery for winter.  There isn’t enough wire/cable for the connections and it is extremely difficult to move the battery case top around inside the tub to get the battery out.  So, I thought I would relocate the battery disconnect switch to mount it somewhere else inside the tub and free up the battery case.  I have noticed a few of the T@B Forum photos show the disconnect switch mounted to other places within the tub, but I wanted to inquire on ideas of how to mount the switch.  I am mainly focusing of how some of the switches are mounted/attached to the diamond plate sheet on the front of the T@B (behind the tub).  Any insight into this is appreciated.  I am also open to other ideas as I have not made my mind up on where to mount/attach the switch.  Thanks.

Marc & Janet
2016 T@B Max S - 2017 Honda Pilot - Winchester,VA

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited October 2019
    @duckblind123, I do not have a specific suggestion for the best place to mount the switch, but I did take some photos of that location on my 2019 320S (with and without the aluminum tub mounted.)  I would think that if the mounting screws were not too long, you should be OK placing it in the general area depicted in the photos.  Maybe someone who has mounted something on that aluminum diamond plate can provide some insight, especially if they have the year/model trailer as yours.  I recall one or two people attaching a sewer hose storage tube lower down (closer to the A-frame) on the diamond plate.  Also, you could ask nüCamp what they suggest ( tech@nüCamprv.com ).

If you are skiddish about drilling into the aluminum plate, maybe you can just replace the battery wiring with longer lengths of wire.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    I am also open to other ideas as I have not made my mind up on where to mount/attach the switch.  Thanks.
    Mine is mounted inside on the (+) line between the battery and the converter--an idea I got from someone else on the forum back before these were standard equipment on T@Bs.
    One advantage to this configuration is that the breakaway brakes and the 12V charge line from the tow vehicle are always connected to the battery regardless of the switch position.

2015 T@B S