Options

Reset my password

I have used the forum for a long time. Today when I tried to use it I got a message saying an administrator had changed my account information and that I needed to reset my password. Has anyone else seen this or did I just get hacked?

Comments

• Options
    T_BDancingT_BDancing Member Posts: 85
    Same thing happened to me. Hopefully this is something intentional from the administrator for security purposes.
    Tent to trailer w/TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 3.6L
    2019 Tab 320 S Boondock Edge and get me out of NYC!!!
  • Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    Same here. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    greggillgreggill Member Posts: 45
    Good deal. I won't worry about it then unless I hear differently.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Same here. It was hiccup with Vanilla that had nothing to do with this forum. @Verna communicated with Vanilla tech support, and confirmed that there was a problem and they were working to rectify it.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    So I’m in good company then! Thanks @ScottG!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    Yep. I think it happened to everybody!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Doh!
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    T_BDancingT_BDancing Member Posts: 85
    Thanks ScottG for the confirmation.
    Tent to trailer w/TV: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude 3.6L
    2019 Tab 320 S Boondock Edge and get me out of NYC!!!
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    My first thought-Ack! Someone’s trying to hack our Mods!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Yup, happened to me also. I am one of the few people who access through the android platform. Not only did it take about 2 dozen attemps to reset my password, I can no longer get the desktop view on my phone without being locked out until the next day and starting the circle of resetting the password and being kicked out over and over. While I'm usually up to the challenge, it is time consuming, annoying and tedious. But I can say, "still here"!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    Same here!
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @dragonsdofly can you see two different sized letter “A” at the top left of your page?  If so, touch the “A” lightly and on mine it gives me a drop down menu with either desktop or mobile view as one of the choices. 

If not, there’s another way. (It’s hard to type in a truck that is moving with my brother driving!)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @dragonsdofly also an Android user.   Never go to apple because of the great itune library conversion debacle and the drm issues 
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    @Verna, I have the three vertical dots on the right hand side of my page. I used to touch them and a drop down menu appeared, allowing me to select "desktop view" and then I had full access. Now, after this password problem, if I touch the desktop view, I immediately drop into the rabbit hole of "your password has been changed or deleted by an administrator", request a new password. It took probably 2 dozen attempts to reset the password, before I could sign into the forum. I made the mistake of trying to get the desktop view again, and was sent into reset password madness again. I am not able to get the desktop view, period. I do have access to the mobile site only for now. I'll give it a few days and try again. Don't want to fall into the reset password abyss until then. And I will let you know if I have any success.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2019
    This issue caused me lots of problems today too, especially after getting logged back in and then trying to edit & getting weird behavior I've never had before.  If I try to select text to edit or tag, etc, it enlarges to fill the screen, or won't properly display options to cut, paste, etc.  I'm using Android.
    I get the same weird behavior using either the vanilla or NuCamp site.  Very strange, and made it a real challenge to try to get a message posted.

As @dragonsdofly mentioned, using the android "desktop site" browser setting to get more menu options, it causes some of the issues mentioned above, including even making parts of my screen display disappear.  Have never seen anything like it before, but it's very weird & disorienting.
    I'm back on the NuCamp forum now it it seems to work ok again.  
    Now rechecking on vanilla & it seems to work ok again, even with the "desktop site" browser option selected.  Things seem back to normal as far as I can tell.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    freaked me out...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    @BrianZ, just saw your post and gave the desktop view another go. All is well now it seems for me also. Thanks @Verna.
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I'm just now getting back,  ScottG had to manually reset my password and mail it to me.  Never could get the auto email to come to me.   Also, once I did the reset the first time,  I could not see any discussions after that.  I also had no way to contact anyone,  so I created a duplicate account that got ScottG's attention.  I don't know what happened, but I thought the whole forum had disappeared for a few hours. :o
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    There have been a couple more reports on the FB page about people having their log ins rejected.  Is Vanilla still working on this or is it just a "Sunday evening update" sort of thing?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    This was a one time occurrence. Some members haven’t logged on since the change and some are just now reaching out for help. 

We help when asked. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    I opened another thread (last night) regarding users asking about this issue on Facebook.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.