Options

Shower door

I think the glass on our shower door was installed backwards.   When you're inside the bathroom you can't see out but when you're outside the bathroom you can clearly see the person inside the bathroom.   Should the textured side of the glass be facing inside the bathroom or outside the bathroom?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited May 2015
    Mine has the texture on the outside.
    I'm not really sure it makes a difference, the texture will still be between who's in and who's out.
    I think it's more the tight quarters - the closer you are the more definition. In a home shower you'd be further away and it wouldn't be as pronounced.
  • Options
    FitzfarmFitzfarm Member Posts: 6
    Thanks - your reasoning makes good sense. The texture on my door is on the outside as well. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    There have been others bring up the fact that the shower doesn't seem to be very private but I don't think you can get that in such a small space.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Hanging a long towel over the door helps. You could also add contact paper to the outside.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    When you are in something as small as a T@B, there is no such thing as privacy. The glass door is much better than having a wood door as it lets light into the shower area, which is helpful. 
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    If you use the bathroom only for the toilet.  Put some white "contact" paper on the inside surface, which makes it private and very light in there, when the light is on.  The "contact" paper doesn't stick very well to the textured outside surface.
  • Options
    hatboxhatbox Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2015
    At home depot, they carry a window film that looks just like stained glass.  You just spray water on the smooth side of glass and squeegee it on.  It could be a lovely decor choice as they have it in many patterns.  It adheres very well, and removes easily should you desire, without any adhesive.  I have used it in my home bathroom for years and just windex right over it like glass.  It provides privacy  but allows light to still come through.  You can choose the amount of light based upon pattern and color.  Amazon has it as well, but it's nice to choose in person...

Lisa and Tim

Cottonwood, Arizona

2015 Max S Sofitel--"The Hatbox"  TV: 2013 Subaru Outback and 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser aka "the Betty"

• Options
    This is just one example of opaque type, but the stained glass patterns look authentic...

Lisa and Tim

Cottonwood, Arizona

2015 Max S Sofitel--"The Hatbox"  TV: 2013 Subaru Outback and 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser aka "the Betty"

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited May 2015
    hatbox said:
    At home depot, they carry a window film that looks just like stained glass.  You just spray water on the smooth side of glass and squeegee it on.  It could be a lovely decor choice as they have it in many patterns.  It adheres very well, and removes easily should you desire, without any adhesive.  I have used it in my home bathroom for years and just windex right over it like glass.  It provides privacy  but allows light to still come through.  You can choose the amount of light based upon pattern and color.  Amazon has it as well, but it's nice to choose in person...
    I have used this in my house as well to cover my basement windows, but not block out all the incoming light. Home Depot and Lowe's both have the opaque contact paper (has sticky adhesive) as well as the plastic/cling film. I do recommend a squeegee to help get the bubbles out when you put either of them up. The shower door has to be meticulously clean or it won't stick. It won't stick to a textured surface.

Edited to add: I'm not sure how well the non-adhesive film will stick inside the shower where there is soapy water being sprayed everywhere (I really do try not to let it escape, but sometimes it does). 

Cheers!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    My take on the topic, if you don't know the person using the shower/toilet area very well, you will by the time they are done B)
  • Options
    Ratkity, absolutely correct on install, etc.  Personally, I can't stand anything with glue like adhesives...  I haven't flung soap on it, but peeled it off a few years ago to change pattern, and it seemed quite adherred. If on smooth side, I think you'd probably have to really physically peel It back to get it to come off.   
    Perhaps Rad is correct and you could just hang a large modest sign on the door saying, "Avert your gaze--provocateur room in use"  :D

Lisa and Tim

Cottonwood, Arizona

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Rad said:
    My take on the topic, if you don't know the person using the shower/toilet area very well, you will by the time they are done B)
     =)  :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    Depending on who is going to use the shower area, I have been known to step outside for a spell.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Rad said:
    Depending on who is going to use the shower area, I have been known to step outside for a spell.

I have thought when traveling with someone else that I wound just ask us both to practice the fine art of stepping out while the other uses the wetbath.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014