Solar panel/Jack-it mount

My Tab 400 has been in under cover in storage for a month in Central Mass.  I checked my battery monitor and while at 100% the voltage has dipped slightly to 12.99.  I had decided that I would connect a 100 watt solar panel for the day since it is forecasted to be sunny (a rarity this month).  I made a mount to attach to my Jack-it bike mount which would allow it to be locked and secure.  My plan is to top off the batteries monthly or as needed.  My battery switch is off and the phantom draw should be minor.
2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
Massachusetts

Comments

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    that is a fantastic solution.   you can even lock it adding a level of security.   Two enthusiastic thumbs up
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    @Cbusguy , I have locked it which should give some security. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    @DenisP, if your battery switch is off, there shouldn’t be any phantom drain if your inverter is also off.  So, is there phantom drain from the charge controller not offset by the solar gain?  Or do you mean battery self discharge?  Nice set up!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    My battery switch is off but there is a slight drain from the Victron battery monitor and Bluetooth solar controller connected to the factory solar panels. The 400 is covered so any gain from the roof top panels is tiny at best.  On Nov 7th the resting battery voltage was 13.03 and Nov 20th it was 12.99 volts with SOC 100% according to Victron Monitor. The batteries self drain is negligible. 
    I plan on using the portable solar setup periodically while in storage just to top off the batteries although maybe not necessary.  Our next trip is in 90 days for a trip to the Florida panhandle for a couple of weeks. The Jack-it mounting will allow solar panel placement even if we have a few feet of snow. 
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts