Options

What type of frame?

What type of frame does my 2017 320S have?  a C-Channel or I-Beam?

Thank you
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    edited March 2020
    I'm pretty sure everything on my 2015 is C-channel. I'd be surprised if the 2017s were any different.
    Why not just go out and take a look? The difference is as straightforward as the names suggest...  :-)

2015 T@B S

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @ScottG Yep I have a C-Channel frame.   Are they also referred to as a "box" frame?  Thanks!
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I think a box frame is, well... more of a box (as in closed on four sides instead of just three like a C-channel). Based on descriptions I've read here, it sounds like the 400 frame may have some box beam components.
    However, there does seem to be some variation in the terminology and I am hardly an expert.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG OK Thank you
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    I'm curious as to why you are asking. Are you looking to mount or modify something?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG I am considering having one of those purpleline/enduro trailer movers installed.  I spoke to an RV service guy who came highly recommended to me and he went online to view their install video to research and let me know if he could/would do it and pricing, etc.  One of the questions he asked me was what type of frame my trailer has, because there is apparently two different mounting plates depending on the trailer frame type.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    That makes sense, since I-beams have flanges on both sides and C-channels don't. Thanks!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    lkc001 said:
    @ScottG I am considering having one of those purpleline/enduro trailer movers installed.  I spoke to an RV service guy who came highly recommended to me and he went online to view their install video to research and let me know if he could/would do it and pricing, etc.  One of the questions he asked me was what type of frame my trailer has, because there is apparently two different mounting plates depending on the trailer frame type.
    Do let him know he can contact Purpleline with any installation questions he has. They are very good at assisting with atypical installs; on a 320, the motors are installed behind the axle rather than in front, which apparently switches some things around. My installer spoke with them and found them extremely helpful.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    @lkc001, do a Forum search for “Purpleline”.  There are multiple owners with installs who may be able to help.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thank you @VictoriaP and @Sharon_is_SAM =) 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    Scotty got it.  Our trailers have c frame.  Boxed is exactly that, boxed tubing.  You’ll find that in higher end units not highly concerned about weight.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
     lkc001 said:
    You will receive the correct plate as part of the kit from Purpleline for nuCamp T@Bs. The Dutchmen T@Bs are the ones that need extenders and longer bolts to bolt on. We didn't know that and ended up fabricating our extensions and purchasing longer bolts.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL