Lagun Table Sizes and Configs

Hi - we have a 2014 320S and are replacing the big clunky table with a Lagun table.  I just received the mount and need to create a table top.  It sounds like the size options are:

- make it small, store it, and use slats; 
 - make it the same size as the old one and use it as the bed support; or 
 - make it a size in between and use it as a bed support in combination with a few slats.

Here are my questions:

What are the measurements for the standard Lagun Table?
Which of these options do you prefer and why?  
How do you remove the top from the mount easily if you use it as a bed support?  
Did I miss an option?

Thanks!
BB

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Hi @Pekoe1111! I have a 2017 320S and replacing the lagun tabletop was my first mod. I bought a large bamboo cutting board at WM. Sorry I’m not much help on the bed slats issue. When there’s two of us camping we sleep two twins so no one has to climb over the other. DH is a light sleeper.Then we use the table as a nightstand. When it’s just me I sleep wheel to wheel, moving the table where I need it most. I love my smaller top, love  having wood, and two can still sit and eat comfortably. Good luck with your decision! 

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Pekoe1111:  Here are pics of the table set up in our 2014 Max S.  I built this as a prototype but it's worked out well "as is" so we've used for two seasons now. The top surface has 3 coats of poly sealer.

The table is hinged so when it's just the two of us we fold it in half and use it as a small table. This option gives us more room to move around. When we have guests we open up to full size for more tabletop space.

The top also becomes the bed support so we don't need slats.  The Lagun bracket stores underneath the table. You can see how the bracket self-stores in the first picture and the fourth pic.

I don't know the size of the standard Lagun Table but ours is 30 3/4" x 29 1/4" (2 pieces hinged together).  It's fairly easy to remove the top from the bracket. Loosen the bracket and wiggle the top off.  It's a bit tedious the first few times.

2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    We built ours from 3/8 inch baltic birch plywood and 1 inch maple for edging.  
    Table top and two similar pieces replace any "slats" needed to support bed, thus sizing depends on what you need for "slats".   No standard size...except width from support to support for bed configuration.   3/4 inch piece under table top, just glued in place, accepts screws to anchor Lagun piece in place without going through 3/8 inch top.   
    Our table, while appearing large, works well and 'spins' to back or side when we don't need it in the middle of cabin.   And it seats 4 adults for dinner, though back corner patron does not get out til dinner finished...
    I chose 3/8 inch plywood for weight savings and, as I recall, weight of Lagun mount and table top and two extra pieces wound up being half the weight of the clunky original table we replaced.  
    Table top and two extra pieces are strong enough to support the two of us, 125 and 150 lbs, plus grandson when he was about 75 lbs. 
    Once you start playing with Lagun mount you will quickly learn how to disassemble from table position and use as bed support, and vice versa...just takes a minute or two though size can make it awkward if just one person making conversion.

Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Nice, any one else made up a Lagun table conversion?
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Thanks for sharing, all. These ideas are great to see.

Inspiring me to spring for the Lagun table! (When the money starts coming in again!)

Keep em coming.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    Spruce1 you hit the nail right on the head by combining the table as the bed slats also! Nu-Camp has the new lighter table top and it would be great if they would make it the length to fit across the bed slat area so they it could be used also as a bed slat. They could also put 2 smaller slats made out of that same lighter material and attach those two slats with magnets to the bottom of the larger one so no other wooden bed slats would be needed.  Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    edited April 2020
    24" round table top, purchased unfinished from Lowe's. Have 3 wide boards that are used for bed slats if the need arises.
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• Pekoe1111Pekoe1111 Member Posts: 37
    Hi - reviving this thread in the hopes others will show their solutions!

Thanks to everyone that has shared theirs so far.
  • HughHugh Member Posts: 1
    If I may can we resurrect the this post? Looking for table/bed pictures. We have a Lagun table in our sailboat cockpit which works well. Now I’m trying to figure out how to do a table top that doubles for the bed.  Dimensions of table folding non folding etc.  My head is hurting trying to envision this :) Pics please
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    Check out spruce1 in the above post.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Hugh, if you are having trouble sourcing the tabletop, look in Home Depot in the tool section, specifically in the rolling tool box section. They have two sizes of wooden tops for their tool boxes. Two years ago I bought the smaller of the two tops (two of them) to make the table top and the support for my former T@B 400 for a Lagun table. . The tops are like a butcher block but larger. Two of them could be used like the @spruce1 tabletop, cutting the workbench tops to the size you need. Just a thought—good luck in your search for the right table top/bed support for you. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 458
    There's a lot of good and pretty ideas above . As we don't need the slats we had more options with customizing the table size. We found the supplied table both too big sometimes and potentially too small if we reduced it. So I offset the attachment (not centered longways). This allows more options but does restrict turning it in a full circle in some rotations. We like it though,

Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network