ACOPOWER 200w solar suitcases

Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
I just tried out my new ACOPOWER suitcases. It was a bright sunny day. 2 x 100watt suitcases in parallel. 30 feet of #12 gauge cable to trailer. I got around 120watts. The factory solar got around 108watts but it had the rear panel in partial shade.
Do these numbers seem reasonable?  (Edited for photo size.)

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Yes, they seem reasonable. Time of year, your latitude, and the outside temperature can also impact your solar performance. Not sure if your factory solar install if the Sunflare panel or one of the previous panels. The Sunflarenpanels are supposed to perform better in hitter Temps than other panels.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @Tundra57 I have some questions. Which controller did you install? Did you put it in the camper? How did you bring the wires in from the suitcases?
    Sorry for all the questions but I like the idea of separating the panels from the controller  
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Most solar suitcases have a built in solar controller.   

Here it is on Amazon
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I have the ACOPOWER 120w lightweight suitcase model and love it! Weighing in at just
    over 8# is a plus! It’s plug and play, and the
    company is responsive. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I got the 100watt suitcases designed as extensions. They have the plate and mounting hardware but no controller. I put a smart solar 100/20 next to the factory 75/15. I used a Furrion solar connector. Mounted to the right of the alde outside access door. I bought the extension cable with no end and soldered the furrion on.
    I got two suitcases. They weigh about 25lbs each in the case. Connect in parallel. I bought the y connector and two short extensions as the extension suitcases only had short tails.
    The guys there sre very helpful and answer right away.
    Renogy took two weeks to half answer a question.
    I have pictures i can share of the installation and the suitcases on my hard drive. If anyone is interested ill post them.
    If you believe them, ACOPOWER use the same solar panel modules as Renogy so they should be comparable.
    I like the smart solar mppt controllers as i can Bluetooth them and they are very efficient MPPT. Plus the new one matches the factory installed unit. They seem to work happily together.
  • JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    @Tundra57Thanks would love to see photos. I like this plan as I could start with one suitcase and add another later. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

Tundra57 said:
    If you believe them, ACOPOWER use the same solar panel modules as Renogy so they should be comparable.
    I like the smart solar mppt controllers as i can Bluetooth them and they are very efficient MPPT. Plus the new one matches the factory installed unit. They seem to work happily together.
    Are they using the legacy panel modules or the Eclipse panel modules?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

@jkjenn you are thinking of the renogy modules? The rep at renogy told me the output of the lighter eclipse is exactly the same as the legacy ones. ACOPOWER only has one 100watt solar suitcase without a controller. I bought two of those.
    @JeffroNC i have quite a few pictures and videos i took for Acopower. Ill put them in my google drive and send you a link to download them. Too big for here. Ill put the link here for anyone to download. You dont need google drive to download them.
    Tundra57 said:
    @jkjenn you are thinking of the renogy modules? The rep at renogy told me the output of the lighter eclipse is exactly the same as the legacy ones. ACOPOWER only has one 100watt solar suitcase without a controller. I bought two of those.
    Thanks. I have been unable to find any details on the differences between the panels. Good to know weoght is the only real difference.

Thats what the Renogy tech told me. The eclipse were much more expensive. On the website it says more output, but the tech said no. Interesting huh?
    The 100 watt ACOPOWER with no controller was in stock the 200watt renogy was not.
    The ACOPOWER is heavy tho. Its built very solud but you pay for that in weight 25lbs for each 100watt suitcase.