Options

2021 models up on the nüCamp Site

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
The new models with details are up on the nüCamp site! 

https://nucamprv.com/tab-camper/

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    I noticed the location of the solar panel on the 400 is in front. I wonder if it could be add to my 2019? I think the two panels would create power all day if the camper was parked North/South.
    I also love the tree graphics.  :)
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    The solar panels on the 2021 400 are placed just behind the roof vent, in between the vent and the the rear window.  The factory can add the solar to yours.  Hopefully they'll add the wilderness graphics to the 400 sometime soon.  When we ordered our 2021 400 that graphic was only an option on the 320.  The photo of the 400 they have on the site with the trees is not a factory graphic option.  I think we are going to add some graphics to the front of ours, just under the window.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Redfish24Redfish24 Member Posts: 25
    I am still not seeing any on dealers lots though in the Southeast. Hopefully soon.
  • Options
    Redfish24 said:
    I am still not seeing any on dealers lots though in the Southeast. Hopefully soon.
    Where are you looking? I did see some in NC about a month ago. I am afraid that Covid has slowed everything down, including getting the new models to dealers.The factory has been shut down for weeks.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Redfish24Redfish24 Member Posts: 25
    jkjenn said:
    Redfish24 said:
    Where are you looking? I did see some in NC about a month ago. I am afraid that Covid has slowed everything down, including getting the new models to dealers.The factory has been shut down for weeks.

I am in NW Florida so I have to travel to Ms, Al, or across to Jacksonville Fl.  Nothing very close to me so I have to rely on their websites.     I will keep looking. 
  • Options
    OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    The pictures of the light wood interior look so nice. It makes me want to upgrade once the world starts to return to normal (hopefully for summer 2021). An interior toilet would be such a luxury.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    Are there plans available to build that clamshell twin bed expansion? (not of PVC pipe). Love the flat cabinet fronts.
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    I know they refer to the clamshell split bed, but you can’t sleep front to back (only 58 inches).  I look at the new design as an easier way to assemble the bed without additional slats.  I suspect that most solo CS campers make a single bed across the rear.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I reached out to Austin at NuCamp and asked about the front solar shown in the photo of the 2021. It is indeed in the front of the unit.

He said it could be added to my 2019 but it would need another controller. He quoted a price for the work. It would be expensive but I think it would be a great solution without having to carry a suitcase.
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, yes it would — nice addition.  What was the cost Austin quoted?
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    @Denny16 it was $1950 with a new controller.
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    Thanks, figured it was in the $2K neighborhood.
    cheers
  • Options
    JeffroNC said:
    I reached out to Austin at NuCamp and asked about the front solar shown in the photo of the 2021. It is indeed in the front of the unit.

He said it could be added to my 2019 but it would need another controller. He quoted a price for the work. It would be expensive but I think it would be a great solution without having to carry a suitcase.
    I added it to my 320 last year and I love 9t. It performs really well, I don't have to worry about theft, and no more fuss at set up and tear down.

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    JeffroNC said:

That's odd.  Our 2021 has the solar panel in the traditional location behind the exhaust fan. Maybe they've moved it since our build.  And that looks more like a 2020  model with some modifications.  It's doesn't look to have the nautilus water system and has all the old hook ups and alde access door.   Regardless of where the panel is mounted it can be added to any 400. It is a great option.  We also had them add a solar plug so we could also use our suitcase if needed. 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    We have have the one piece rear solar panel, and adding one to the front would double the solar charging capacity, or extend it asbthe sun goes from one end to the other.
    cheers
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    bergger said:
    JeffroNC said:

That's odd.  Our 2021 has the solar panel in the traditional location behind the exhaust fan. Maybe they've moved it since our build.  And that looks more like a 2020  model with some modifications.  It's doesn't look to have the nautilus water system and has all the old hook ups and alde access door.   Regardless of where the panel is mounted it can be added to any 400. It is a great option.  We also had them add a solar plug so we could also use our suitcase if needed. 
    Yes, that's a picture of a 2020 model...notice no Coolcat vent...and as you mention, no Nautilus system door, which is definitely on all the 2021 models.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    MconnerMconner Member Posts: 5
    Anyone know why the stargazer window was moved up?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Mconner, you will get a factory response if you send an email to customercare@nucamprv.com. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    Our dealer mentioned that the stargazer window was moved up -10" I believe- to give more room to the person sleeping closest to the window.
    We have the new 2021 and it is super comfortable near the window, but having never slept in a 2020 or earlier, don't know if it makes that much of a difference. 
    mer

2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    I think I will go with a suitcase since I would never recap the expense of installing solar on the camper and I would have more options in placement. I tow with an F150 so I have room to store them.
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• Options
    JeffroNC said:
    I think I will go with a suitcase since I would never recap the expense of installing solar on the camper and I would have more options in placement. I tow with an F150 so I have room to store them.
    As for me, it was more about convenience and not having to worry about theft. 

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited May 2020
    Our 400 sits in our driveway with the panels pointing north, and even in the winter months, I’ve noticed enough generation to keep the batteries topped up and I don’t have to do a single thing to get it.  I really like the simplicity.  That photo with the panels on the front must surely be a custom install?  I suppose if you really needed that much generation, it would be some clear roof real estate there, but I think it detracts from the front looks.
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    edited May 2020
    @xdr
    Unless they also changed the shape of the rear curve (which I have always thought would be a good idea) of the TAB400 I can't see how raising the window would make it more comfortable on that side of the bed.  On the other hand it might help keep somebody from damaging the screen or shade if they were a restless sleeper.
    I wonder if the window is the same height or if they just took 10" off of the bottom.  Would you measure your window please?
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @xdr
    Unless they also changed the shape of the rear curve (which I have always thought would be a good idea) of the TAB400 I can't see how raising the window would make it more comfortable on that side of the bed.  On the other hand it might help keep somebody from damaging the screen or shade if they were a restless sleeper.
    I wonder if the window is the same height or if they just took 10" off of the bottom.  Would you measure your window please?
    I think it prevent blankets, and occasional feet, from contacting the window shade frame as easily...having looked at a number of T@b 400s, I think raising it might yield some actual benefits...and if it is the same length, would give a better overhead view as well.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @ChrisFix
    I agree.  My son-in-law has managed to mash up the shade twice now as he thrashes around at night.  Looking at pictures on dealer websites it does look like the bottom of the window is about 10" higher on the 2021 models than on earlier models.  I couldn't tell if the window was smaller or just raised.
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @xdr
    I just went out and measured the window on our 2021 Tab 400. 
    The window sits 21-1/2 inches above the bed, measuring along the curve of the wall. The window is 50 inches long. 

How does this compare with the size and location of the stargazer window in the previous models?
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    It would raise the inside widow sill 10-inches from where it is on the older modeles.  I just 
    measured our 2018 TaB 400, the window is 10-inches above the bed
     along the back wall.  On the downside, you loose the bottom 10-inches of see through from a TV when towing on the road.  This is how I see what is behind he trailer when on the road.
    cheers