Options

TAB 400 All Pro Awning

I was wondering what people thought of the All Pro Awning. It looks like the Pahaque, but it has ridgeline poles which I assume make it sturdier and help shed water. Clearly the Walker is the gold standard - but it is a bit heavy and from what I understand a bit difficult to set up (at least in terms of time), and then there is the Sun canopy - two styles, inflatable and pole styles which occupies the middle cost point. I would like to make this next investment as cost effective as possible and have not seen comments on the All Pro recently. By the way, does anyone know who makes it?
Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
States Visited Map
2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    All Pro Adventures is a nuCamp entity.  I assume they are made somewhere in southern Ohio.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @peterac50, I helped put an Isabella/Walker awning up last year at ÜCamp on a 400, and I think it was the Boondock Lite. To me, it was not that difficult. You must have a short ladder or step stool to reach the Keder Rail, and everything was assembled very logically.  I am sure the time would be cut in half for the second time it was installed (I had one person reading the instructions to me and another picking out the pieces so it wasn’t a super coordinated activity😉)

I liked it so much that I did buy one this winter, but I have not moved my 400 so I can set it up. 

Also, the awning stayed up through some 30+mph straight line winds, and all of the other visors and awnings on the west side of the other T@Bs came down. That was enough proof to me that it was worth the money. (The winds came out of the West and those visors and awnings on the East side of the T@Bs were protected.)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited April 2020
    The All Pro has fiberglass poles, lighter weight fabric, and is not as wind resistant as either the regular Walker or the Sun Canopy (which is made by Isabella)...both of which have aluminum poles. If you do not travel to windy areas, or are willing to monitor the weather and take the awning down at the first hint of wind, it’s probably a reasonable compromise between cost and performance.

The inflatable Walker is new to market (introduced in Europe last fall, and the US just a few weeks ago). Elton from All Pro told me there is no wind rating for it, and because it’s so new, there are no wind or weather related reviews on it yet.

As with Verna’s experience, I’ve seen the two more expensive awnings perform outstandingly in a high wind situation, and because I tend to camp near water, wind performance is too important to me to go with a lesser product. I’ve got the Isabella on my purchase list for later this year or early next year. Meanwhile, I went with a Clam Traveler pop up to provide some shade and wind shelter at an affordable price.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    peterac50peterac50 Member Posts: 67
    Thanks for the input so far. We have a visor for the 400. So part of my thinking was to get the whole tent - which in the case of the Isabella or Walker - gives you the option of opening or closing the sides and front I believe. We tend to camp in the north, so mosquitoes are an issue. When using a side tent, it's easier to open the side window and not be inundated.  Does anyone have a perspective on these two products - weight, ease of use, effectiveness as a tent in terms of rain and flying critters.
    Peter and Nicki; Quechee, Vt
    States Visited Map
    2019 Tab 400; 2019 TV Honda Ridgeline
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @peterac50, do a search for Walker or Isabella here, as I recall someone else went through heavy winds with their Walker/Isabella tent. It may be someone who doesn’t post much, but as I recall, it was a good write-up and a favorable review. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    I like the ridge poles of the All Pro but I really like that the PahaQue has rear flaps that can be rolled all the way down to make full sides. It's a nice feature if you camp in cool/wet/windy conditions. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Are there any 'Actual Owners' of an All Pro Awning that can comment on their user experience? I've read through a couple of discussions on awnings recently. It seems the All Pro is a relatively new option and haven't found much discussion on how it works for folks.

I know there are other models/ideas out there, but am currently comparing the All Pro, Isabella and PahaQue. We are looking at purchasing an awning for the coming year and have only found owner comments on the Isabella and PahaQue models.

Thanks in advance...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @crabtab...I know there are a few on FB T@b Camping Trailer group...not sure if they are in this group though..
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Thanks @ontheroad!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022