Need new sewer hose

Have a T@B 320 cs-s 2016. The sewer hose for the black and gray water drain needs to be replaced. Probably need about a 10' hose. Any suggestions as to brands and types that are most effective for draining sewerage? Thank you!

Comments

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    edited May 2020
    We have had good luck with Rhinoflex extreme. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Second the rhino
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    +3 on Rhino. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Same with the Rhino!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • rmcarthurrmcarthur Member Posts: 51
    Thank you for the feedback, folks! I will be ordering a Rhinoflex extreme today.   :)
    One other question: Is 10' enough hose to reach most dump stations? I've been to about 3 dump stations in Maine and Vermont with the T@B we bought last fall and 10' of hose has been adequate thus far.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have a 10’ and a 15’ as they came together in a bundle 5 years ago. I actually use the 15’ as my “everyday” hose and I keep the 10’ in a heavy duty ziplock large bag in the bed of my truck. I think I’ve used both of them together 3 times in 5 years. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
     Is 10' enough hose to reach most dump stations? I've been to about 3 dump stations in Maine and Vermont with the T@B we bought last fall and 10' of hose has been adequate thus far. Thoughts?
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @rmcarthur, the beauty of the TaB 320 is the ability to turn your trailer at your campsite to your liking.  A longer sewer hose will give you more options to hook up.  If you only use dump stations, you may be okay with 10 feet.  We carry a 15 and a 5 and the connectors to join them.  Cheap insurance.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    Thank you for the input, Sharon_is_SAM. Looks like we are going to get the 15' Rhino extreme, and will keep a 5 footer for insurance. Much appreciated!
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @rmcarthur keep in mind your trailer is small enough to be positioned nearly anywhere in the camp site.   If it won't reach them you can position the trailer to reach it
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I found a 20’ hose for $20 at Ace Hardware. I removed the Rhino fittings and attached them to the new hose. After three years I replaced my original hose to be on the safe side! I don’t want to guess wrong on its lifespan! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    I read a member post (sorry I forget who!) on this forum that said they preferred a 5' hose and that was all they needed most of the time.
    Anyone using a short hose like that? Is it really practical?
    I need to purchase a hose as well (having nothing currently), and am debating what the right length is. I was leaning towards a 5' and 10', if the 5' really is able to be used most of the time. I like the idea of less dirty hose to manage, but of course it has to be a functional solution as well.
    Thanks!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @ChrisFix, in my view, 5' would be insufficient.  Maybe you could get by with 10', but I have RV'd for over 40 years and would not travel without 15' minimum, which is sufficient for most campgrounds.  Although sewer connections are often fairly close to the side of the trailer, I have stayed at some private parks where the drain connection was a significant distance toward the back of my trailer.  Also, sometimes you just don't want your trailer to be right next to that connection.  A 15' hose collapses down to a reasonable length, so when you factor that in, it will make your life easier.  Anything you can do to lessen unforeseen stress or headaches will greatly enhance your camping experience.  (As with others, I like the RhinoFlex hose, but Valterra makes a nice one too.)
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)