Options

Cabinet Door Frame Shifting/Distorting

Has anyone had this happen before? It's a 2020 320 CS-S Boondock Lite we picked up in November 2019 and still haven't had a chance to take it on a trip yet! Took a peek inside today to get it prepped for our first trip when we can finally get on the road and noticed that some of the cabinet door frames have come apart - some so bad that we can't open the doors. It's been a month or two since we've taken a peek inside so this is a fairly new thing. We've had mild weather and it's kept under a cover. We're going to reach out to Nucamp - but curious if this has happened to anyone else and how they got it resolved?  Thanks :)

2020 - 320 CS-S Boondock Lite, Convenience + 133W solar package

Comments

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited May 2020
    Definitely a warranty repair.    I would send a couple of pics to your dealer and copy nucamp and ask for a repair appointment in the email

Looks like they forgot to put glue in that joint?
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    @orfisers ;  So not NuCamp style.
    As @Cbusguy said you have a warranty repair coming.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    The rail was not glued to the stile and has shifted down onto the panel.  You can lift it back up.  I would take the door off, if you have some bar clamps, it is a simple task of dabbing a bit of glue into the joint slight the rail and clamp for a few hours, remove, let it dry overnight and replace the door.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    orfisersorfisers Member Posts: 7
    Thanks all! It's happened with 2 door fronts already and we're seeing slight shifts in the rest of them. Will get the warranty process started! :) 
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan.
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    I'm well past the warranty but was surprised when the door suddenly came off in my hand. I've glued it and hopefully really hot weather won't cause it to fail. 
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    FYI, only apply glue to the frame, not the panel, which needs to “float” in the frame.
    cheers
  • Options
    jonyas23jonyas23 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    @orfisers same thing just happened to us on a 2020 t@b boondock lite during a trip this past weekend. When I pushed the corner of wood down it just moved right back up, Made me think maybe the arm that holds the door open was misplaced on the back side causing the wood to ride up.

Anyhow I need to get a few cabinets fixed and curious if you had luck going the warranty route as suggested.  Thank you :)
  • Options
    orfisersorfisers Member Posts: 7
    @jonyas23 - yes, warranty route worked great. Our dealer got us in touch with the warranty department at NuCamp and they sent us replacement cabinet doors.  Smooth process! Good luck!
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    Denny16 said:
    FYI, only apply glue to the frame, not the panel, which needs to “float” in the frame.
    cheers
    Exactly! Use Titebond adhesive for the repair. TBII would be suffice but use III if you have it.