Fresh Water Hose - What's a good length?

What length water hose do you all find is long enough?
Any particular hose that is a Forum favorite?
I need to buy one, and really don't know what size would be the most practical.
Thanks!
-Chris

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller

Comments

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    I have two 25’ ZeroG RV/Marine hoses (potable water safe). LOVE them. I typically only need one, but obviously they can be screwed together if needed.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited May 2020
    VictoriaP said:
    I have two 25’ ZeroG RV/Marine hoses (potable water safe). LOVE them. I typically only need one, but obviously they can be screwed together if needed.
    Ditto. They are so stinkin' awesome. So much easier than those rigid ones and take up a fraction of the space.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 724
    Thanks people!
    That is exactly the hose I was looking at...and thought the same about getting two 25' hoses (although I may just get one to start). I have replaced my hoses at home with the ZeroG and really like them - and they are very robust, in fact, I think they are the longest lasting hoses I've owned.
    Thanks again for the quick and helpful responses!!!
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    Make sure you get the blue colored hoses--marked "for RV and marine use."  They also make a black hose for general yard use.
    BTW, has anyone had problems with the Zero-G hoses leaking from the crimp that holds the fittings on?
    Make sure you get the blue colored hoses--marked "for RV and marine use."  They also make a black hose for general yard use.
    BTW, has anyone had problems with the Zero-G hoses leaking from the crimp that holds the fittings on?
    In reading reviews on Amazon for the Blue RV Zero-G...one recurring theme is leaking at the crimp fitting. I don't own one of the blue RV hoses currently, so no personal experience, but if you're having that problem, it seems you're not alone according to the reviews.

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    I haven’t yet, but honestly, with any hose I’m pretty happy if I get a year’s use out of it; anything over that is a bonus. Nowadays, unfortunately it seems pretty much everything is made to fail rather than last. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • webers3webers3 Member Posts: 402
    @falcon1970 Had a problem with leaking from the crimp after one season use, reported it to the manufacturer and received refund, bought another one, so far so good.
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I’ve got the white Camco 15’ drinking water hose. I’ve never needed a longer one. I did just buy a 10’ green garden hose and sprayer to use when I have sewer hookup to rinse the sewer hose out, or other needs outside. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    It appears the gray residential and the blue RV/marine are both drinking water safe. The only difference I see is the gray hose is 5/8", whereas the blue rv/marine is 1/2".
    2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
    2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
    SE Louisiana
  • GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 449
    I have 15’ Walmart specials.  Usually only use one.  Works like a hose, moving water from one place to another.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    We bought a Clearflow in 2016.  Still going strong.  It empties flat and we roll it up on a cheap cord reel.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2020
    @Sharon_is_SAM
    I had looked at those and liked the idea of it being clear and you could see if gunk has built up inside. I was a bit scared that the flat to round nature of the hose wouldn't hold up or work well, but thanks for your feedback. I'm going to reconsider this one...
  • TresK3TresK3 Member Posts: 65
    I really like what I've read about Clearflow, but it looks like they only sell through Amazon, and Amazon is out. 
    Does anyone know of another source for these?
    2019 Tab 400 Boondock Lite
    2017 Dodge Durango AWD with Tow Package IV
    A can of Skyline Chili in the pantry
    I can’t find another source.  I even checked Amazon Canada.  The most recent Amazon review is from January 2020.  Wonder what happened.
    Try emailing:  info@clearflowwaterhose.com