Options

What's Your Favorite Gas Grill?

Comments

• Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Went with Char-Broil Hibachi. For $35, hard to argue...
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    I bought a Camp Chef Rainier. Very compact LP unit with a long grill burner on left for grilling burgers\chick or steaks and a single burner on the right. The grill has a griddle plate for pancakes and such. I hook it via a 12' LP splitter coiled at my tank so can put it on the rear table attachment or an adjacent table.  Proving reliable and versatile. Though I normally prefer charcoal cooking, I like the near instant LP gas cooking and cool down.
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    dCliffhangerdCliffhanger Member Posts: 120
    Ron\ 2020 T@B 320-S Boondock Edge; Roof Solar, Firefly Grp31 Carbon Foam Battery; TV: 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 3.6l V6; Madison, Wi
  • Options
    trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    Bought this yesterday..works great. Also got a small 13 lb. propane tank. $109 at Home Depot
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Hi Chris,  I'm getting my 2021 400 in 2 weeks.  Where do you store the grill when traveling?
    2021 T@B 400, 2020 Audi Q5 
    Portland, OR
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @Polanskyster
    I store it in the in-bed trunk of my Honda Ridgeline. Although it also travels easily just in the bed of the truck.
    I've got 12 nights under my belt in my 2021 400 - and have used the Weber Q every day we've camped...usually for some part of breakfast and for dinner - and I've been delighted by its performance. If you have the room for it and like to cook/grill - it's a great option.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    edited November 2021
    We just got the Q and like Chris says, it fits nicely in the Ridgeline trunk along with my Generac 2000i generator. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    We use the Coleman Fold n Go. It's very compact, and we also have the griddle top for it. It fits nicely in the underbed/outside accessible storage in our T@B 400. Plus, you can put the grate and griddle in the dishwasher when you get home! 
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @rcuomo
    I see from your signature in your Huntington, LI...that's where I grew up.
    Hope you're enjoying your Q as much as I am.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    McMullapMcMullap Member Posts: 24
    Does anyone have a grill that fits in the outside storage compartment? My tow vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee so I’d prefer to avoid the smell inside my TV. Hoping something would fit in the external storage section. Thanks!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Check out the Char Broil Tabletop Grill at Target.  15 x 23 x 12”.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 616
    We really like our Coleman Fold n Go grill, 16x13x7".
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    ChrisFix said:
    @rcuomo
    I see from your signature in your Huntington, LI...that's where I grew up.
    Hope you're enjoying your Q as much as I am.
    Yep, it works well and as I mentioned it fits in the Ridge trunk along with the generator and a bunch of other stuff. Recently back from Hither Hills and handled beach wind gusts admirably. Huntington primary and Daytona secondary with a fleet of cars so I follow your YT channel. 😊
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    Rodent77Rodent77 Member Posts: 79
    We have the Napoleon Gas Grill and it comes with a solid 2nd Grill for one side to replace the regular one as well....

2021 T@B320 S - 2013 Ridgeline - Ont. Can

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! What A RIDE!!”  Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

• Options
    Cheryl13Cheryl13 Member Posts: 30
    We do cook a lot in the trailer, but needed something for grilling and for when its really hot outside.  We went with a similar setup as Chris. We got a Coleman Roadtrip, took off the regulator, added an adaptor and are using the hookup on the side of the 
    Tab.  I am making a bag to store it, and it will travel in the diamond 
    box when not in use.  We dont want to have any odd smells in the vehicle or the trailer.  See how it goes, but for now we are pleased.
    2021 T@B 400
    2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    As far as a grill goes we had a Weber Q but was odd shape for storage with rounded top. We now use an ASMOKE pellet grill. Flat top makes easy to store and both the pellet hopper and lid are lockable, weighs 40 lbs and includes temp probe. Will smoke down to 200 degrees but sear over 550 degrees and gives food that cooked over wood flavor. But for cooking meals (not smoking or grilling) we use a good 2 burner camp stove (Eureka). Coupled with a saucepan and a high wall fry pan you can cook pretty muc anything and will maintain simmer for sauces. We use a adapter hose and 5 lb tank so easy to move to a picnic table at campsite. Enjoy!
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,191
    So I was determined to find just a grill to use outside but then I ran across this and, so far, it's exceeded expectations. The reason we love it is because it has a burner and grill top so we can move all of our cooking outside. We never use the legs and just put this on one of those aluminum roll-out tables that we store in the 400. Yes it's a weird no-name brand but we've used it quite a bit and it seems to be holding up: 

https://www.amazon.com/PUPZO-Propane-Portable-Barbecue-Stainless/dp/B087WK2JKW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=D7J95Q5JIKD1&keywords=pupzo+grill&qid=1636037540&sprefix=pupzo+grill,aps,116&sr=8-3

2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    My favorite grill is still the 1958 vintage Coleman stove.

2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @Pintoplumber   Is that a tiny fridge/freezer in the picture? If so, how do you power it? 
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    @xdr It’s a Kuppet 120 volt fridge plugged into the side receptacle of the 320 CS S. We keep it in the sun room at home and bring it along when we need more room. I think it’s something like 3.2 cu ft. I’m away from home right now and can’t check. The freezer easily holds 3 or 4 half gallons of ice cream. When we’re cooking for the guys, we need more fridge space.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,288
    edited November 2021
    My wife loves cooking on our Blackstone Griddle. I love eating the food she cooks on it. She cooks, I set stuff up and clean. The griddle is awkward, heavy and a PITA to haul around and clean. Regardless, I wouldn't have it any other way. Well worth any downside.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited November 2021
    We use a forced draft rocket type stove, that burns pellets or small bits of fire wood in an enclosed fire box, with a grill or oven attached on top.  The fan battery is recharged by a heat generator built in the stove.  You can even cook a pizza in the oven part.  Works grand.
    Our favorite camping oven is a pro-style Solar Oven using a vacuum bottle type sealed cooking chamber to generate heat from the sun.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    scott_lyndascott_lynda Member Posts: 1
    We love cooking on a flat-top so we bought the Blackstone grill. We have a Blackstone on our deck at home, so it's easy to plan our meals. It's a heavy breast, but travels in the back of the pickup. We're used to the cleanup and maintenance required for a flattop grill so we don't mind because we feel it's more versatile than our standard Coleman stove. We've tried about 5 different grills, from NEXGRILL, Coleman's tail-gater, charcoal hibachi, and even my backpacking stoves, but the Blackstone has become our choice.
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    I'm usually a solo camper and am limited by space and weight, I am leaning toward the Weber Go-Anywhere grill, probably the gas version.  I grill a lot at home and have had very good luck with the Weber brand.  I was ready to pull the trigger this past summer, but they ran out of stock.  I see they are available again.  Curious if anyone has any experience with these?

2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    OkpeteOkpete Member Posts: 15
    I like the blackstone grill or Napoleon traveler which you can add smoke tube
  • Options
    WayneWWayneW Member Posts: 188
    @PNWtabber, we use the Weber go-anywhere grill and have been happy with it. It’s nice and simple and lightweight. I’m surprised it cooks so well with as small of a flame as it puts out. 

It will get blown out in a strong wind, but most grills will. I blew the top about 2 feet in the air while trying to relight it in a Wyoming “breeze” but the salmon still came out fine!  All observers got a good laugh. 
    2021 320S BD
    2006 F-150
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    We have this grill and find it more than adequate.  Really compact, easy to clean.  We use it with a hose adapter and a 5# propane tank.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @WayneW -- OMG!!!!! My dog would have a heart attack, as would I!!!
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,009
    We've used this Primus stove/grill combo for years and years.  Love it.

2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    nbrandtnbrandt Member Posts: 63
    I have been searching for a good grill that I can use with the low pressure outlet at the back of my T@B 320 CSS. 
    You have to be able to take the regulator out of the propane supply line because the gas coming out of the port at the back of the trailer is already regulated.

While this one is somewhat expensive, it appears that the regulator could be taken off of the hose.  It folds up compactly and appears to be durable.  Does anyone else use this grill.