Filling hot water tank

First season after winterizing-- got all the lines flushed of antifreeze-- I bypassed the alde so as not to get antifreeze in it-- now I want to fill hot water tank.  Is this correct?  1.  If I am filling by running the pump- boondcking-- I just turn on the hot water spigot at the sink & it will fill & when it stops sputtering it is full?  And 2.  If hooked up to city water, no need to use the pump, just open the hot water spigot for a few minutes?  Will it stop sputtering just like on the pump when it is full?  2017 320S--Thanks!
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    Yes.  Just turn on the hot water and when the air passes through it's full.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @lkc001, #1 is correct.  Be sure to at least partially fill your fresh water tank before opening the faucet(s) (whether cold or hot sides.)  You need enough water in the tank so that the pump will have something to draw water from.  It might help to clear the cold water line first, then open the hot water side to fill the Alde tank.  You can also start with the toilet to pull water through the cold water lines initially.

For #2, it will not take long at all for water to fill the cold water lines, because you are not using the pump and are directly connected to your home or campground water pressure from the spigot.  It will take  just a little longer for the hot, because it needs to fill the Alde tank first (only about 2.5 gallons.)  But once the sputtering on the hot side is done, your Alde tank is full.

If I choose to fill my fresh water and Alde tanks at home before a trip, I make sure I have water going through all the lines (i.e., sink, toilet, inside and outside showers.)  That way I have it all ready to go, particularly if I am dry camping or boondocking.  I like to do it at home, because I can plug the trailer in to 120 VAC to run the pump and save my battery.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    After filling the tank, release a little water out of the tank with the spring loaded pressure release valve to get some air on top the tank, per Alde recommendation in the manual.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Thanks everyone!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!