Options

Danby AC in 2018 Tab 320S -- clean the filter?

Hello Forum!

I haven't posted in a while, but am traveling in the TAB again and would like to clean the filter.  The Danby is designed to slide the filter out to the right to clean it, but it is installed so close to the wall that I can't do that I don't think.  Wondering if need to remove screws that hold front piece on and then slide it out?  The screw on side next to the wall is also a little difficult to access, so before really getting into it, I thought I'd ask if there is an easier way?  Any thoughts?
THANKS SO MUCH!
Northwestinatab

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,589
    A/C Filter Screen Bends.
    Can be removed / installed without removal of screws.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited June 2020
    Your thought is the only way we've found to clean the filter. Definitely inconvenient, but worth the effort of you use AC regularly.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,488
    The screens flex just enough to slide in and out.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    Here’s a picture of just how flexible the AC filter is in our unit (2016 T@B-S with a Kenmore AC)

2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    edited June 2020
    Taking out the AC unit also gave us a chance to clean the cabinet inside, screen to the outside and blow off the coils in the back of the unit. 

I bow to all of you that were brave enough to test the plastic screen's ductility...

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    I found that lightly pushing with my left hand against the white plastic inside grid/framing around the screen material as I pull the screen out with my right hand makes it very easy to remove.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    northwestinatabnorthwestinatab Member Posts: 22
    Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for these helpful comments!  Sorry it took a while -- I'm job hunting if you can believe it and so other things took priority for a while...  Okay -- so I think I'll pull it out to clean it (using the left hand to brace technique), and then on a day when I have more time I'll pull the whole thing out and clean thoroughly, etc.  YAY!  Thanks to all of you!

Northwestintab
  • Options
    deucedeuce Member Posts: 47