Goodbye 2015 T@b 320 S, hello..........

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
If you arent on Facebook, you might have missed the video that I shared on Wednesday, saying goodbye to my 2015 T@b 320 S. 

Yesterday, after 6 years and 5 days and 211 nights in the T@b, I drove to Columbus, OH and traded my 2015 for a 2021 T@b 320 Boondock.

I only have one photo for now, but will add more and initial impressions, soon.

Say hello to, "Mattie Ross"!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Finally!  Looks great Jenn!  You must be so excited!  Tell us about the name.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Finally!  Looks great Jenn!  You must be so excited!  Tell us about the name.
    From Herofandom.com:

"Mattie Ross is the heroine of the classic Western film True Grit and the 2010 remake.

Biography

Mattie Ross is a fourteen-year-old girl whose goal in the story is to avenge the death of her father, a rancher, who has been murdered by a criminal, Tom Chaney. Determined to pursue her goal, Mattie enlists the help of an argumentative and cantankerous gunman, Rooster Cogburn, to pursue the fiend. The two of them join forces with a reluctant Texas ranger, LaBoeuf. Mattie faces Chaney and his wicked boss, Lucky Ned Pepper. She completes her journey, defeating Tom.

A couple of quick thoughts:

1. The new door is SO solid. It is absolutely amazing.

2. The Air 8 is very solid in the 320. It cools better and faster and on a very himid night the trailer feels very dry inside. It is no louder, and is probably quieter than the old window style units. Also, very nice to not have to unhook to be dead-on level to use. I will be unhook g today, but nice when tired to stay hooked up.

3. The extra space in the bathroom is so nice.

3. The new latching cupboards and hardware are both nice upgrades. 

4. The welcome packet included a photo card signed by every member of the 320 production line. That is a really nice touch.

5. Storage! More to come, but so far lots of storage.

6. Propane detector and smoke dectector are both much smaller and more visually appealing. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Congratulations @jkjenn! She’s beautiful! I look forward to more pics and stories as Mattie Ross starts her life of adventures with you and Rocky! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Congrats!  I do like the red plaid accents. A nice unique touch!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    I see you have the tire mounted up front - since it's not stock, what did you use to mount it? I was going to wait for a few logging road trips before thinking of moving it but I'm a bit worried about tongue weight as I've also got 2 6V GC2s in the bin. Though I'm surprised that the 2021 tows much nicer than a 2017 rental we used for a week on Vancouver Island last year. I'm thinking the added tongue weight is the reason.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    @jkjenn, congratulations.  The color scheme is striking and original.  We love it. Looking forward to seeing what you choose for a matching visor.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• ytram1958ytram1958 Member Posts: 20
    Congratulations Jenn, looks great. Love her name.
    2017 Tab 320s Outback, Towed by a 2017 Jeep Jku, Live in Prescott, Arizona
  • elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    @jkjenn love the new look!
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited June 2020
    Congratulations Jenn, nice looking rig, enjoy!
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    The new front tire moubt is an option and it includes a full sized spare.

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Congrats on your new vacation home!  Or should I say work home?  The plaid is nice & unique.
    I'm glad the drama is over, but look forward to hearing what you think of the cassette toilet after you've had a chance to live with it for a while.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Congrats! The plaid looks great!
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Congrats @jkjenn...have a great week breaking her in..so sorry not to be with y'all...keep me up to speed on the new systems...so excited for you and Rocky!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @jkjenn, was just going to ask for an update on mattie ross' arrival and found this newest post. Congrats! Exhale! And Gung Ho! There you and Rocky go. I'll bet your mom (Doty Hill Designs) comes up with some fabulous accessories for mattie! Enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    OK..how did that plaid get on there?
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    Thank you, everyone!

BrianZ said:
    I'm glad the drama is over, but look forward to hearing what you think of the cassette toilet after you've had a chance to live with it for a while.
    Haha...it only lasted 2 days. 😁

I emptied the cassette toilet it for the fjrst time last night and couldn't. Believe how simple it was. It is going to be awesome for quick dumps at rest areas alo g the highway.

trimtab said:
    OK..how did that plaid get on there?
    It's just vinyl. You can easily get a sign shop to do it or maybe even work with your dealer to have it added.

I used the Jensen Cube for the first last night. The interface is a lot more intuitive than the old model and having the USB and HDMI port made it very easy to use my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and stream content. Pairing my phone with Bluetooth was simple and flawless.

Someone with a 2021 had mentioned the fridge not feeling very cool. This was true for me, when empty. When I added stuff, it got much colder, quickly, and I added a mix of cold and warm stuff. It seems to be cooling very well. 

• ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @jkjenn...the cassette toilet only lasted 2 days...does Timbercrest have their bathhouses open? Enquiring minds want to know...lol
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
    ontheroad said:
    @jkjenn...the cassette toilet only lasted 2 days...does Timbercrest have their bathhouses open? Enquiring minds want to know...lol
    I emptied it way before it needed to be empty and it had water in it from the factory.

The bathouses are open.

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    jkjenn said:
       BrianZ said:

I emptied the cassette toilet it for the fjrst time last night and couldn't. Believe how simple it was. It is going to be awesome for quick dumps at rest areas along the highway.
    Also interested in how the cassette toilet works out overtime . . . perhaps something for a different thread.

Of specific interest;
    + do you use it as a real toilet, not pee only.
    + Splash Back while dumping at a flush toilet, how does it compare to say a standard porti-potti? 
       Was always a problem with various models I've used in the past
    + How or are you even cleaning/rising the tank after dumping.
    + Smell while dumping (assumes not pee only).
        Most of time a black tank dump is fine or OK, my experience with porti-potti dumps have always
       been nose painful not matter what chemical treatment was used.
    P.S.  Was nice to see you purchased another 320, not upsizing, and not jumping brands.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
    jkjenn said:
       BrianZ said:

I emptied the cassette toilet it for the fjrst time last night and couldn't. Believe how simple it was. It is going to be awesome for quick dumps at rest areas along the highway.
    Also interested in how the cassette toilet works out overtime . . . perhaps something for a different thread.

Of specific interest;
    + do you use it as a real toilet, not pee only.
    + Splash Back while dumping at a flush toilet, how does it compare to say a standard porti-potti? 
       Was always a problem with various models I've used in the past
    + How or are you even cleaning/rising the tank after dumping.
    + Smell while dumping (assumes not pee only).
        Most of time a black tank dump is fine or OK, my experience with porti-potti dumps have always
       been nose painful not matter what chemical treatment was used.
    P.S.  Was nice to see you purchased another 320, not upsizing, and not jumping brands.

I use it for everything and am not using the CG facilities.

I have a FHU site, so used the sewer connection at the site.

I have never used a portapotty so wobt be able to compare but there is a vent which helps with a smoother pour as you dump. 

A small bottle of chemical treatment is included with the toilet. I used to for the initial fill and am now trying my Happy Camper.

Even if I had noticed a smell (which I did not), it is over so quickly I am not sure it would matter.

You can simply fill the cassette with water, shake it,, and dump after dumpibg to clean it. 

• gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Congrats!  Keep us posted.  My 2021 hasn't left the driveway yet, but plan to take it out on the 4th.  

What are you using for a bedroll/mattress pad?  Any special bedding?
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Congratulations on your new 320; I can imagine you are really happy with the new camper, and love the name (both True Grit films are favorites of ours).
    gooselady said:
    Congrats!  Keep us posted.  My 2021 hasn't left the driveway yet, but plan to take it out on the 4th.  

What are you using for a bedroll/mattress pad?  Any special bedding?
    I use a self-inflating Thermarest. Makes for a really nice sleep.

TNOutback said:
    Congratulations on your new 320; I can imagine you are really happy with the new camper, and love the name (both True Grit films are favorites of ours).
    Agree! Each version is great in its own rite.

I see you didn't get the rear "exo-skeleton" the complexity and possible use other than a bumper still eludes me.
    MarkAl said:
    I see you didn't get the rear "exo-skeleton" the complexity and possible use other than a bumper still eludes me.
    I wasn't interested int hat or the rear Yakima rack.

Got it! I'm still trying to decide how to justify using the rack -it's hard to use the top bar for bikes or kayaks... I think the skeleton will be useful for a drying rack :) though mine has a butt ugly finish that I'm waiting for NuCamp's response on.
    nuCamp had a blog post up last week about my change: https://nucamprv.com/blog/jenn-grover-moving-new-tab-320/

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    What is the Brand and Model Number of the 2021 2-way Fridge?
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+