Options

King Camp Awning

rmcarthurrmcarthur Member Posts: 51
We are trying to purchase a "Hasika" awning for our outdoor kitchen, but everyone is out of stock. We are considering purchasing a King Camp awning for our outdoor kitchen area. Has anyone used these before? What kind of review would you give this product? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    We ordered and use a Hasika from Amazon and they sent one stamped with Laputa brand.  All the same.  Works great and it is now our routine set up for over our CSS galley.  If it is windy, reduce the height of the poles or just drop that end and stake it to the ground.  We purchased heavy duty suction hooks (13#) from Amazon as the ones that were supplied were useless.  With rain/wind, we remove it from the hooks and stake the whole thing to the ground and it keeps our King Camp table and camp kitchen, nice and dry.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    The KingCamp version has some additional venting at the top.  There are several brands that seem to be the same basic design and construction with very subtle differences.

• Options
    rmcarthurrmcarthur Member Posts: 51
    Thanks everyone - it will come in handy at the badlands.
  • Options
    thedoolittlesthedoolittles Member Posts: 11
    Rfuss928....how do you have your king camp attached to the camper? We have the same set up, however, the eyebrow (awning) does not allow us to have a secure tie down at the hatch area.  We use the heavy duty suction cups, but with the awning it sags. Hope that makes sense. Looks like its attached to the hatch itself and not the roof like we use. I prefer to close the hatch at night. I wish I could zoom in on pictures.  🙄
    2019 T@B 320CS - "Miller"
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    Rfuss928....how do you have your king camp attached to the camper? We have the same set up, however, the eyebrow (awning) does not allow us to have a secure tie down at the hatch area.  We use the heavy duty suction cups, but with the awning it sags. Hope that makes sense. Looks like its attached to the hatch itself and not the roof like we use. I prefer to close the hatch at night. I wish I could zoom in on pictures.  🙄
    FWIW you can buy plastic keder rail that attaches with 3M tape (no screws). I put a strip of this over my galley clamshell so I can put a tarp over the galley & CLAM shelter in bad weather. I'm sure that you could just as easily sewer awning rope on to one side of the King Camp awning.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    edited January 2021
    thedoolittles
    I stretch one of the provided bungee cord from edge to edge of the hatch above the latches and hook each front corner of the awning.  When we close the hatch that end of the awning moves down with the hatch.  A carefully placed picnic table can stay in place even when closed.

Here's a couple shots from our very first T@B trip showing a similar awning in both positions.