Options

How to replace licence plate bulb ?

Hi
We need to replace the bulb above the licence plate on our 2018 320s, 
How do we do it please ? We have searched online and in the manual but can't find the information.
Thank you
2018 320S
Vancouver Island.

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    On our 2020 Tab 400 BDL, you remove the 2 screws that hold the light to the Facia to gain access to the bulb. 

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    OliveTwigOliveTwig Member Posts: 3
    Ok I’ve done this . The bulb is a sealed LED unit you can buy from Superbright LED order LPC-B-NW2 . It’s held up by 2 screws and the 2 wires should have some slack . Warning ⚠️ don’t pull too hard as NuCamp uses splice connectors which are not very strong. I called NuCamp for advice and they told me too pull it out , it came out and the mating wires could not be accessed through the 1/2” hole. When you take it down capture the 2 wires and cut them off against the housing which should give you enough wire to mate to the new fixture. You can use wire nuts to connect the wires , and electrical tape to secure nuts for safety. Or look up  on the web TapCon connectors these I prefer. 
    In closing if you have to find the wires you will have to remove the hinged shelf across the rear, behind the seat back. It’s only held in place by a few square drive screws and the hinges . Let me know if you need clarification. Good luck 
  • Options
    2manyplaces2manyplaces Member Posts: 20
    Thank you this is really helpful, will have another look.
    2018 320S
    Vancouver Island.