Options

Water lines under floor in T@b 400 2018

Hi, All!  We are so excited to be new owners of our dream camper, a tab 400. So we are our on our first night camping with full hookups and Soon after hooking up, we noticed a couple wet spots on the floor that seemed a bit squishy. One was in the area between the fridge and the fuse box and the other was right under the a/c vent under the dining seat on the driver side. We looked in the access area under the closet and the access area under the bed and found no wet spots there. We looked in the shower behind the panel and found no wet spots there. We haven’t used the shower yet, we just have used the sink a bit and the toilet once. 

Any thoughts?  Just a fluke, please?  Anyone have a diagram of the water lines under the floor?  

We are at the start of a two week trip. 

Thank you all. 
Elizabeth and Tony
Liz & Tony
2018 T@b 400   2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited July 2020
    Which year Tab 400?  The water lines are not under the floor, they go from the left aft area under the closet floor or under the rear bunk left side, and are under the false raised floor under the rear bunk to the back of the galley area.
    see construction photo:

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Just to be sure, are you using a water pressure regulator?  Also, this does not involve a water issue, but certain 400 builds had floor issues:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8937/underlayment-in-t-b-320-t-b-400#latest
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    The delamination of the floors in the 400’s were not caused by water infiltration, but rather by the flooring vendor changing processes and not applying enough glue to the different layers of the floor. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ‘‘Tis why i,asked the OP of the year of hismTab.  If the floor is not wet, but you feel the two soft “squishy” areas, and thenTaB was built in late 2017 to Jan 2018, what he/she is feeling is the floor delaminating.  If you get down low, you will see these two areas have a raised ridge, like a small wave,  

If this is the case, lay a straight edge on the floor fore to aft over the raised area, and tak a low angle photo to show the raised bump.  Then send said photos to nuCamp Warranty.  You have the dreaded floor plaque.

This is what happened to our TaB400, the first time we used it in the driveway, testing all the bits.  But, from reading here, I knew this issue existed, but did not realize it extended to a Jan 2018 TaB400, which is the build date on our TaB400.
    The floor is being replaced as we speak.
    cheers
  • Options
    With 200 amp battery bank and the solar, even on a cloudy day, should keep the two-way fridge going, and lights.  I did a weekend, two day test, and the 193  watt solar, kept up and maintained a full charge on the battery.  Your 12.9 reading shows a full charge on your battery.

Once the fridge is chilled (did this on AC), the two-way fridge has a low draw.
    just do your own test, and watch the batter voltage level.  This is where a battery monitor comes in handy, like the Victron shunt batter monitors.
    cheers
  • Options
    BentoBoxLifeBentoBoxLife Member Posts: 5
    It is a 2018 400 but not sure when it was built.  I need to figure out how to check that. 

We wiped up the bit of water in those two spots and it didn’t come back all night. We are on the road again now so we will see what happens when we stop after jostling around all day. 

Thank you for the photo of the pipes, I see no water pipes go under the area between the fridge and the closet so it’s good to know we don’t have a broken pipe under the floor there. 

Regarding the wet area right in front of the drivers side dining chair cool cat vent/air output, one thing we noticed when we were hitching back up was that we had not been level front to back (the front/back level that came with the trailer must not be accurate), so when we hitched back up and leveled out front to back, some (maybe half a cup) condensation water drained out of the cool cat on the outside of the unit onto the ground.  Maybe that’s what had caused the wet spot in front of the unit last night?  

Thanks for the advice about the floor and the squishiness. I’ll have to look into that a bit more. 

Will keep you posted. You all are the best community to have!
    Liz & Tony
    2018 T@b 400   2019 Subaru Ascent Limited

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My guess is that the Cool Cat A/C unit was the reason for the water on the floor. I try to leave the driver’s side front down just a bit from level to allow the condensation in the tray to flow (drip) out the screen. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Yes, I thinks this was the issue for thr water, which ran back along the shower/closet wall and then back across the floor, which may be a low spot, again do a straight edge check on the floor.  We had water from the shower leak out from the bottom of the door and drip onto the min floor, and ran across to the galley cabinets, and down to the door area.  Water drips get around.

This led us to discover the unevenness starting to occur from the floor delaminating issue.

the month and year of manufacturing is on the Vin No. label on the driver’s side of the tongue, on the large rectangle silver label.
    Good Luck.
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    This things aren't built perfect. Level stove, level fridge, level floor, level AC, pick whichever is most important. In high humidity, a lot of water collects in the Cool cat tray and eventually spills over side and to ground, that is the drain design. If it is tilted toward passenger side you will run danger of water running to inside of camper.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite