Options

Battery not charging while driving

Good morning! Hoping for some insight on this. I have a 2019 320 T@bS and have been traveling for a year with no issues. Last night I pulled over to park for the night and found my battery had not been charging for the 6+ hours I’d been on the road. I changed the 30A fuse on the battery, though it didn’t look blown, and still it’s not charging. I didn’t do anything different than I have in the past, ex. I travel with the fridge on battery but have never had an issue. 
Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help! 

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    There is likely a fuse or circuit breaker for the 12 volt DC from your tow vehicle to the 7 way connector. I would start there.

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Is it possible that the demands of the frig on 12v exceeded what power your charge line is able to provide?  Many owners can not keep their frig cold while towing on 12v as the frig draws 11 amps/hr.  Was the 6 hour trip longer than previous tows?  How did you measure the 7 pin output?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    If all voltges check out ok, fit a battery  charge unit which takes any input from the TV battery and charges the battery correctly. I had this problem with my Tundra/tab 400 after the charger its fine.