Options

Nucamp switched dealers in Colorado

2»

Comments

• Options
    WyoReddogWyoReddog Member Posts: 9
    I’m watching this thread carefully before we decide to purchase a Tab. Was already concerned about finding service living in Wyoming and now even more so. ☹️
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @WyoReddog I am checking out a possible referral for Cousin's RV in either Loveland or Longmont CO.  I have put out a question on reviews for them through another RV forum I joined.  I'm also going to ask here.  Neither Windish or Camping World have a good reputation for service, no matter what trailer/RV you have.

I contacted the Cousin's Loveland service center  and was told that yes, they have the equipment and have done the glycol exchanges.  They do not require that you purchased from them to get service, and they need you to leave the trailer for "at least a week".  They could not tell me if they have done it on a 2017 Tab 320S because I am very concerned about the teeny tiny corner where the tank is and how they would get that done without dis-assembling that whole area.  

Their hourly rate is $149/hr.  They charge 4 hours for glycol exchange + cost of fluid--I asked for a cost on that as well--waiting a call back.  So they are charging $600 +??  for something that some of the knowledgeable people on this forum say should not take nearly that long. I cannot/will not pay $900 or $600 for this service.   I'll have to take my chances with draining out as much as I can, then topping it off and then do it again before the end of summer and just hope that keeps the fluid good enough to keep the Alde working.

I think there is going to be much more discussion on this going forward as more units from 2016 on need this done and can't find service or if they find one it is at ridiculous cost, at least in Colorado.   There is also a very long post here titled "changing out Alde/glycol"  if you are handy and could DIY it. 

That said--other than that, I think my Tab is better built than most units out there.  There is a lot of brand new junk out there. It is small and easy to manuever, (sometimes LOLLL) and doesn't need a full size truck to pull it.   Have not had any trouble with anything until I've needed the Alde serviced.  

I hope this helps you.  I will post more info as I find out more.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    WyoReddogWyoReddog Member Posts: 9
    @lkc001 Thanks for the info! We are not mechanically inclined so changing fluid every two years, repacking bearings, etc. means having a reputable service company nearby. Appreciate all your research! 
  • Options
    @WyoReddog you are welcome--as far as repacking bearing, tire/rim changes, that kind of thing can be done by some regular tire shops and/or mobile RV techs.  I myself am looking for a competent, honest and knowledgeable mobile tech.  For me, so far, it's the Alde issue that is the stickler.  
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    LojocamperLojocamper Member Posts: 30
    @ikc001 We changed our glycol last year ourselves. "We" really mostly means my hubby. We try to do most everything ourselves. 
    I know you said you did not want to do it yourself, but you might want to research it anyway. More here in this forum:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/2665/changing-out-the-alde-fluid/p1?fbclid=IwAR2mEv1cxDpK8Rzet-fZZRxVElSgB_BTUh2AwoFIzal9SiRqQydkEGWrIpE
    Bob Panick also has a great post in the T@B Camping Trailers FB group about how he did it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/permalink/10157463442651065
    BreakingAw@y
    Silver/black 2018 T@B 320 CS-S, Outback axle, AT tires
    2012 Dodge Ram Hemi - CO

My Visited North America Map
    Adventures: 7
    States: 21
    Provinces: 5

• Options
    @Lojocamper I wish I could do that--doing the glycol change out is beyond my skill level.  The area is too small to even get to the tank. 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    For anyone in Colorado interested---Alde servicing near Denver: mobile service "RVRepairmen" (See info above) $900 + $88 trip charge;  Cousins RV in Loveland-$600 + glycol--could not tell me how much they would charge for that--need the unit for at least a week.  Michael Skidmore from Nucamp e-mailed me a second time and provided this info as well  "We have no control over how much service centers charge.  We understand this is an issue and it is something that has been brought to the table and currently being reviewed."   Cannot/will not pay $900 or $600 for this service.  Still waiting on response from Windish.  I'm still back where I started.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    @lkc001 did you get a hold of Holiday RV? Ask for David in service, they are a good outfit just slow to respond without constant nudging. We have bought two T@Bs from them now 
  • Options
    @kbdigitiqe No I have not--just because that would be @ 3 hour drive one way.  I'm still waiting on a call from Windish who is supposed to contact me.  I'm also going to try Dale Helman's instructions on using a simple shop vac if I can use a mirror to see inside the expansion tank.  Thank you for the positive referral--I may have to use it--keeping notes.  Have you used them to change out your glycol yet?  Cost?
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 985
    I have to call Holiday RV back.  I left a message originally David.  He called me back a few days later but could not answer my question on cost of the service.  It sounded like they do the service but I have to confirm that.  I had to leave a message with David's boss and he has not called back yet.  I'll have to reach out to him again.   
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    @bergger. I’m interested in what you find out
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    MonicaNOCOMonicaNOCO Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2021
    Hey all -- I live near Windish RV and twice now - last fall and this spring, have contacted them for service on the Alde.  Last fall I asked if they would do a flush (I bought it used last summer) and they said they were unable to do that service.   This spring - they never even returned my call.

Sadly -- I didn't have time or energy enough to push the issue last fall, because I gave up, and it turned out the people I bought the T@B from didn't HAVE glycol in the system - and it froze over the winter, and needed to be replaced this spring.  :-(    On a thread here, I got a reference for Sun City Trailers, in Colorado Springs.  They did the work, upgrading me from a 3010 to 3020.  For a pretty penny - but the cost of the furnace itself + high altitude kit was $3600 so that was the bulk of it.    I liked working with Randall - he was prompt and thorough.   I don't have a quote for what they would charge to replace the glycol, but they definitely can do it. 

Actually - thinking back I think Sun City used to be on the list of official service places for Alde.... but maybe is no longer? (in reference to Nucamp switching service centers in CO).  However I've also been in contact with Truma - the Alde distributor in the US, and they have issued me the 2 year warranty on the new furnace - so it isn't an issue with them to work with Sun City Trailers. 
    2014 T@B 320-S
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @MonicaNOCO I purchased my  used Tab from SunCity in late fall 2018.  They are a great dealer & their service guys are the best.  However, I called in the last 3 weeks & they DO NOT have the equipment to do a full drain & pump in new fluid.  A complete replace of the unit would be different than just replacing & pumping out fluid.  I’m glad they were able to do that for you & so sorry that happened to you.  I was also supposed to be getting a call from Windish to do my glycol exchange as a favor to Nucamp— 
    3 weeks later I’m still waiting for that call just to find out a cost & @ time frame.  I will wait another few weeks to report back to Nucamp that this is the way they handle favors for Nucamp— if they wait long enough to contact someone they will just give up!!!!  I'm still so disappointed & frankly disgusted with this Alde servicing issue.
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited May 2021
    I would not wait any longer, call both Windish and nüCamp... “A squeaky wheel gets oiled first.”
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    FYI for anyone that was following this thread, or may be interested. 
    I sent another e-mail this morning to Michael Skidmore at Nucamp, letting him know that even after he reached out to Windish GM, and after I spoke to Windish GM, who told me he personally gave the OK for them to do the glycol service and that he had given my number to the service supervisor at Windish for him to call me--it is now 4 weeks later-----and still no phone call from the service manager. 

Again--so much for being able to get service for the Alde in Colorado from Windish, or unless you can afford to pay $800 for the independent mobile tech Nucamp recommended. . . . such a disappointment.  I can't imagine anyone even wanting Windish to touch their unit after experiencing this lack of professionalism.  
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    UPDATE to my service saga--so after 6 weeks and reaching out to Michal Skidmore at Nucamp again, and trying to get ahold of Windish service manager, Michael apparently doesn't respond when he deems an issue not important to him any longer. 

They had a Raphael Yutzy, "Customer Experience Manager" reach out to me with no explanation as to why Michael Skidmore and Windish GM will not honor their offer to do this service for me.  Rapheal's solution now is to have me go 3-4 hours to Poncha Springs, CO for service.   

This is the "customer experience" I get--
    "Again, we apologize for the experience that you have had and hope that the Dealer in Poncha Springs can help you".

I am beyond frustrated and disgusted with this lack of service and follow up from Nucamp.  Word of mouth goes a long way these days--as in every single time I stop somewhere for gas or whatever someone is coming up to me asking about my tab.  

Hmmm--wonder what my comment will be???  

Woohoo!
  • Options
    @bergger did you ever get a price for service from Holiday RV??
    Woohoo!