Options

Water leaking out from under T@B 320S when driving

riseandshineriseandshine Member Posts: 22
edited July 2020 in Camping & Travel
Hi All,
We're new to this forum and proud, happy owners of a new 2021 T@B 320S. We have lots to learn and are happy we found this forum.

So, as we were headed home with the trailer (I was driving behind it), I noticed when the trailer started moving forward, it dropped about 1/2 cup of water out of the rear of the trailer, looked like it came from a tube based upon how it spilled. It was just slightly to the right of center (under the back end and in a foot or 2).

When we got home, we looked down there and I see a blue tube sticking down that's about in the right spot. It was not leaking toward the left side near the grey tank release area, which was closed.

With continued driving and going over bumps, it looks like water may be sloshing out and coming out that blue hose underneath.  Our freshwater tank is only about 1/2 or 1/3 full, so we're a bit mystified. 

The dealer thought it could be valves from the freshwater tank left "on" which they recommend for traveling, so water can drain. 

Does this sound right? 
Where would we find these valves?

Thanks so much! 

2021 T@B 320S, Toyota Tacoma, Olympic Peninsula WA

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    I’ll take a stab at this.  But, since the 2021 models are so new to the forum and they have lots of changes, can you get under the TaB and take some pictures?

I do know that the low point drains and the Alde Pressure/Safety valve drain is under the rear driver side, along with the Alde overflow tubes, so that eliminates that.  I found a picture of the drain that you are referring to just to the left of the LPG quick connect.  Is that where you saw water draining from?  If so, is there a drain for the A/C?  If not, try to locate what is directly above that drain.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply, I'll have to get down there for a photo and post.
    It's also possible it could be that tube in the picture above - should you have water coming out of that tube every time you drive?
    PS - the blue tube is a bit more to the left of larger black tube in the picture above - it does appear to be below the AC. If it's related to AC, and we've not run the AC much at all, would you expect to see a 1/2 cup of water come out when moving forward?

• Options
    I would also ask you to take a picture of your valve settings under the driver’s side bench.
  • Options
    Here's a photo mosaic of the back underside of the 2021 320-S. Some of the photos don't overlap very well, but except for the front driver photo, all photos are in approximately the correct position and orientation relative to the others, and cover a 12 - 18" wide area from one side of the teardrop to the other. We verified some of the hoses sticking down, but three under the backside and one under the front driver side remain a mystery.

The single photo showing the front driver side is not to scale with the other photos - this photo is from the very front driver side of the teardrop (near the spare tire under the hitch).

Any ideas what the four mystery hoses are that are circled in the photos?

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I wonder if it was the AC drip tube? I have noticed the Elwell is superb at removing moisture and I have had huge puddles from condensation drip in that area when camping.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    I think we need to ask Creed or Marvin at nuCamp.  I will message them.