Options

Drop in Battle Born Plan for Advice Please

Hey guys, 2021 320s BD here with built in solar and this is my plan after speaking with super helpful folks at Battle Born:

1. Drop in their 100ah LiFePO4 battery where my existing battery is up front the box
2. Add a Progressive Dynamics charger for the new battery under the seat by my existing converter (see pic below)
3. Plug in the converter with a low profile standard cord at the outlet right by the panel and run the cord under the precut gap in the wood work (see pic)

The question is 4. .. instead of fishing new wires from the new converter to the battery, I would love to "interrupt" the wiring that is currently coming out of the OEM converter that runs to the battery and just connect it to the new charger. Anyone see any issues there or any recommendations for figuring out and grabbing those wires? The labeling on the back of the OEM converter says the red wire "is to battery positive and for DC" so I'm not super sure what I would be disconnecting there?

Or, can anyone point me to a thread or advice on how best to fish a new two conductor to the battery location up front?

Thanks!

Comments