Options

Tab 2021 320s boondock height

Hello all. First of all i want to thank everyone for such kind and insightful help on all of this. We will be purchasing or tab in a year or so and our property in northern Michigan has a lean to/awning that we used to park our old trailer under. I`m guessing it will not be an issue but could someone chime in on the actual height to the top of the vent (or highest spot) ?
Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• Options
    schoutschout Member Posts: 29
    The T@B brochure lists the 2021 320S Boondock height as 96".  I haven't measured mine to see if that is correct. 

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2020 Toyota Highlander
  • Options
    EricinMiEricinMi Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. We will be heading up north in 2 weeks. I`ll measure then.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am glad younposted this. I get paranoid when I drive under any overpass and I always have more than enough room. I think I need to put it on a post it on the reverse side of my sun visor to flip down while driving.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Since your TaB is at 8-feet exterior height, figure on at least 9-feet for clearance on underpasses and 8’6” on parking structures or gas station overhands.  I like to give my self some extra room for the unexpected.  My rig is at 9-feet, so 10-feet is my minimum clearance.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    BywaysNWBywaysNW Member Posts: 71
    Our 2021 TAB Boondock is nominally 96" - eight feet, but we had to let a lot of air out of the tires to get it through our eight-foot garage door.  Then reinflated. Then deflated again to get it out. Then reinflated to head out.  It's now in a comfy 15x20 storage unit with a 10-foot door.
  • Options
    I would have to think it would be a pretty rare underpass that had a 9' clearance or shorter, but I am sure you can find them. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @jkjenn, I do believe I know of two in Induanapolis.

And a T@B/T@G delivery guy found one sonewhere two years ago and sheared the top off of one T@B, and heavily damaged one other, plus one T@G. It was his first and last day on the job😢
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @verna and @jkjenn...we saw the sheared off topped one while visiting Austin...it wasn't pretty...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ontheroad said:
    @verna and @jkjenn...we saw the sheared off topped one while visiting Austin...it wasn't pretty...
    T@b convertible for those who need the extra headroom?