Options

New Towing vehicle advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    @ChrisFix

good stuff. I was unfamiliar with this website and have now added it to my favorites. I too shall follow. Thanks for this. Phil
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    CrabTab said:
    The used Colorado we test drove definitely exhibited these issues.
    https://thelemonfirm.com/2020/01/30/transmission-defects-in-gmc-canyon-and-chevrolet-colorado/
    The link mentions issues in model years 2015-2017. Honestly, I believe it would be very hard to find ANY vehicle to drive if you discount every model/manufacturer that has ever had past issues somewhere along the line. Vehicles are complex.

With over 10,000 miles of towing our 320 with a V6, 2019 Chevy Colorado we have had no issues and are pleased with the performance. We have been from sea level in Virginia to Idaho to Arizona and back. We've also towed up and down the East Coast with this combo.

Nothing wrong with a Ford either @SlackerBill, my 1997 F-350 is still a daily driver. B)
    We drove 2 hours to test drive the Colorado and we were ready to trade in our Equinox right then and there, but the test drive busted that bubble.  When we returned home I read that issue was prevalent on vehicles frequently driven very short distances.  The previous owner was said to have driven his car in that manner.  I don't regret our Ford purchase, but still would have liked it if the Colorado had worked out for us.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072

We drove 2 hours to test drive the Colorado and we were ready to trade in our Equinox right then and there, but the test drive busted that bubble.  When we returned home I read that issue was prevalent on vehicles frequently driven very short distances.  The previous owner was said to have driven his car in that manner.  I don't regret our Ford purchase, but still would have liked it if the Colorado had worked out for us.
    It’s a warranty claim if still under the manufactures warranty
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    That's what the distant sales guy suggested.  We weren't eager to fight with our local dealer for warranty service on a vehicle he had not sold to us.  On the prospects of that Magic 8 Ball said to us "It's doubtful."
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    The warranty is from Chevy/GMC, not the dealer.  Dealers get paid by GMC or Chevy, etc for warranty service.  Part of a dealer’s job is to provide this service regardless of where the vehicle was purchased.  My wife had an issue on her Volt while on a trip, and took the vehicle to the nearest dealer for service.  No issue getting the work done, even though the Volt was purchased used from out local Dodge Chrysler dealer.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    We knew that.  Still we were not driving home a misbehaving used vehicle and count on a dealer that didn't sell it to be a strong advocate for our warranty work.  We really, really liked the Colorado until the test drive's hard shift in low gears and the shutter as it downshifted from the higher gears.  I am glad Chevy has figured things out with their newer models.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree with your logic here.
    cheers
  • Options
    My TV is a 2020 Telluride SXP AWD with 5000 Towing Capacity. Telly has all the safety technology imaginable including self-leveling and anti-sway for towing. 2021 T@B 400 S BDK on order for late November. 
  • Options
    That should do the job.  My Jeep truck has the same features but with 6500 lbs towing capacity.  It tows the TaB 400 just fine.  Congratulations and happy trails..
    cheers