Options

2021 Tab 320 S plumbing under the bench - Pictures

Thank you @jkjenn!

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    1991sb1991sb Member Posts: 27
    These are great photos.  I'd like to know more about what are the important focus points of each.  Do the blue and red pipes have significance?  Blue = fresh water? Red = hot water? Is Photo 1 the water pump?  I see what I think is the Alde safety/drain valve in the center of photo 5, right?
    We have a 2021 320S and are still learning, so any help is appreciated.

Bill & Sharon
    New Mexico
    2021 T@B 320s (“T@Bañita”)
    2023 T@B 400 Boondock (“Redwing”)
    2020 Subaru Ascent (“Bubbles”)
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    edited September 2020
    Blue pipes carry cold water, red pipes carry hot water.  Photo 1 is the water pump with the filter housing on the intake side of the pump (just left of the pump).  Correct -  photo 5 yellow flapper is the Alde Safety/Relief drain valve.  
  • Options
    kbdigitiqekbdigitiqe Member Posts: 163
    So helpful! We didn’t know that bench lifted up... LOL
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Photo photo no 5 shows the yellow Alde pressure relief valve (yellow flip up handle in center of photo, blue tube going in, white tube on other side.  Flip the up to drain off the Alde water tank, with hot water valves open to let air into the tank.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,702
    Somebody needs to get the Photoshop label maker warmed up.......

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Did nucamp relocate the water pump from behind the toilet, or is this an auxiliary pump of sorts?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    The water pump on both the S and CS are under the bench as of 2021.  The glycol expansion tank is behind the panel under the wetbath built-in sink.    

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    4ncar said:
    Did nucamp relocate the water pump from behind the toilet, or is this an auxiliary pump of sorts?
    The location makes a lot of sense on the 2021 models. It is close to the Nautilis and makes filling the freshwater tank via a siphon method with the pump very easy.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 460
    @Sharon_is_Sam 's comment made me think, why is the glycol expansion tank so far from the Alde unit on 2021? Is it easier to fill in the new spot. Wasn't earlier models right above the bench?
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    The pre 2021 model glycol tanks on the S were in the rear driver side corner and required a screw driver to remove a wood panel to access the tank.  The CS model tanks were always behind the hatch above the toilet and easier to access and fill.  I think the relocation is good for monitoring and filling.  The new 2021 sink now occupies the wall where the hatch was previously located.