Options

grey tank reading 1/4 2019 Tab400

While emptying my grey tank at home in a bucket (long story) noticed horrible stuff in there. I remembered I was wagonmaster at a camp and cleaned all the salad in my TAB. No idea why i did not catch that stuff - dumb really. Anyway kept filling and emptying until all the grotty bits cleared. Checked tank - still on second LED. Read up on how to clear sensors using fabric softener snd something else and going for a ride. I cant do that, so I put a short piece of stiff hose on my black tank flush hose and pused through the dump opening thro the grey dump valve into the grey tank and blasted probably a couple of gallons as back flush. More bits came out. Did this three times now guage reads empty.
Im keeping the short piece of hose lol.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @Tundra57 - fabric softener will prevent things from sticking to the sides of the tank - I don’t think it will actually remove things from the sides of the tank.  Just add some with water after you dump your tank.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I will in future thanks.
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Don't all 320s and 400s have their sensors on the outside of the tanks for the past few years?  Mine does with the SeeLevel.  If so, I suppose that still doesn't eliminate needing to blast off built up food particles.  Although I've heard good things about a little Happy Camper in the gray tank as well, and doing travel with tanks partly filled, so I dutifully follow that regime.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    @DougH , they changed to the KIB internal sensors with the early 2019 models.  Too much inaccuracy with the SeeLevel units.
  • Options
    @Sharon_is_SAM Thanks, didn't know that many folks had an issue with the external ones.

• Options
    I think that their accuracy depends on the sensor being placed correctly and not losing it’s adhesion and sliding off.  Also, our tanks are very short and I wonder if that impacts accuracy.  There seems to be a wide range of volume at a set noted percent of fill.
  • Options
    Makes sense... when I was adding insulation and heating pads, I noticed the sensor cards were a little loose.

• Options
    SydSyd Member Posts: 47
    @Tundra57 - Is it possible to get a picture of the hose extension you fabricated? We are getting the same annoying 1/3 reading with an empty grey tank. I imagine something is tuck to that sensor and I would like to get it off.

Thanks.
    Hopper - 2019 T@B 400
    Donald S. Cherry - 2016 Kia Sorento V6 (3.3L)
    Where we call home - Our House, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, SOL, Milky Way, Universe
    GO FLAMES GO!
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    We have an early 2019 t@b 400 BDL and when on a long trip (several weeks or months), at every other stop, I'll connect a short black hose to the outside black tank flush valve and run water through the system.  On occasion, this hasn't dissolved or removed everything so if we have time we run the black hose under the 400 and into the bathroom and run water into the black tank through the toilet.  We do find, that after flushing our tanks and with everything closed up, my wife will run water into the toilet/black tank and drop one of those RV tank flush tablets.  After than a small bit of water just in the toilet bowl with some liquid soap and we let the road and sloshing water do their thing.  At our next site, we dump and while not a frequent thing, now and again we will see some remain paper flow out of the sewer hose.  If we are connected to sewer, we do not keep the connections open.  I'll go out each morning and open the black then the gray. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida