Options

We Are Proud New T@B Owners Thanks To You Guys! Thank You.

JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
Hello, fellow T@B enthusiasts. I'm John and my wife of 43 years is Sara. We are taking delivery of our 2021 T@B 320S Boondock on Monday August 31, 2020. We are very excited. We have been isolated on our six acre property in the middle of a hardwood forest outside of Little Rock, Arkansas since the first week of March. I work from home and it is beautiful, so we realize we are very fortunate. However, we have not seen our kids 9 hours away since February. I have a medical condition so we have been very cautious during the pandemic and nervous about truck stop restrooms, fast food joints, and motels. About three months ago, I had the bright idea that if we purchased a small trailer to pull behind our Highlander Limited, we could be self-contained and safer. We looked at RPods, Basecamps, Nests, Helios, Little Guys, etc., but I kept coming back to the NuCamp Tab. Once I started snooping around this forum and listening to you all and taking tips from you all, we were hooked. Now...I know enough about this site to know "it ain't a done deal 'til ya send a picture" and I will do that ASAP. We just wanted to introduce ourselves and say, "Thank you" for all of your help and tips, so far. We are very new to camping (except some rentals) so, we have much to learn and can hopefully minimize those Newbie mistakes. Greetings!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Welcome and congrats on the purchase!  The 2021 model 320s are the best yet - especially for those new to camping.  We’ll be here to help.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Welcome aboard and congratulations.  Now, let the adventure begin...
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @JPRoland...new to the T@b as well...but have had a nuCamp T@g trailer since 2017...well made trailers and both forums are awesome...and I agree with @Sharon_is_SAM 2021 320's have some great features!... that's why we upgraded!

Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Welcome and congratulations!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @JPRoland, welcome and congratulations on your trailer. Anxiously awaiting those pics and tales of your adventures. Remember that all newbie mistakes are truly part of the adventure and become funny, wonderful and quirky campfire stories. We all have them in some fashion. Never be hesitant to share yours. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @JPRoland Boy, are you gonna love the T@B! Welcome!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    It was a long day, be we took delivery of our 2021 T@B 320S Boondock. I had made a deposit on a gray one but this white one came in today and they let me have it to match our 2018 Toyota Highlander Limited. I think it looks great! I made it home by dusk and had a one hundred yard driveway to negotiate uphill. It drove like a breeze and backing up was a piece of cake. We can't wait to have some adventures! Thank you for all of the great tips.
  • Options
    Haha...well, I guess I should show it to you on the ride home. Here it is: 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Congratulations, on your new TaB!
    cheers
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @JPRoland, great looking rig! Congrats, again.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thank you. We are very excited. We got up at 5:30 A.M. just to go stare at it. We're like 64-year-old little kids on Christmas morning and we're glad to be a part of this nice T@B community.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,592
    JPRoland said:
    . . .  looked at RPods, Basecamps, Nests, Helios, Little Guys, etc.,
    I've recently been considering the Helio O2 as a replacement or next trailer for my Tab 320S.

Helio's appear to have pluses; greater fiberglass construction,
             lighter tow weight, more headroom,
             and compared to new 320's - - no cassette toilet, no Air8 - -
    Of course there are some misuses; no Alde,
            no world famous factory support, no Laguna table.

Would you share why you decided the Helio was not the right fit for you?
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    I just looked at the trailer Helio O2, trailer on line photos, and my first impression was, it looks like a cave, np window in the front or rear, just one small side window.  It only has a 450 lbs payload also.  No thanks, I would take a TaB any day over this.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    Dame_plumeDame_plume Member Posts: 75
    I too, hesitated between T@b and Helio. My main deterrent was the missing front window as well. And although the T@b is expensive too, I thought it has more to offer.  On the plus side, I did like the floorplan and the fridge location at waist height in the Helio.  I also liked that the Helio dealer was almost next door, compared to my 4 hour drive to the T@b dealer. Still, absolutely no regrets for going for my T@b .
    Sylvie and Mike, Ontario, Canada / 2020 Tab 320S (Charlie) / 2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT (V6) Enhanced Towing Package
    "The only place where you start at the top is when you dig a hole"